Floyd and Janice: Adoption Story

Who should I Ship Kylie with here since Leah and Zoot will be a couple(*SpoilerAlert* srry)

• Total voters

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Hey guys hows it going? Sorry I know you're probably wondering why I haven't updated my other fanfics. #1 I've been trying to make time talking with my MC friends,friends in real life and my job and family. Busy busy busy.. #2 Im stuck on ideas of what to do next.
Anyway so I came up with a Fanfiction idea kind of like a plot twist from my last story. Where my OC and @LeahXZoot4Evur s OC get adopted by Janice and Floyd.

Chapter 1
Floyd Pepper sat in his recliner flipping channels on the television. He was hoping to catch the jazz tribute documentary that he missed yesterday because of a last minute gig for the band Electric Mayhem at a very big club, Toxic Shock,the place was hard to get info yet rare for just anyone to even get a gig. He loved the band life but he was especially loved his girlfriend the lead guitarist,blond beauty and flower power hippie gal Janice. Being the only chick that joined the band and being a electric guitarist kind of girl made all the guys in Electric Mayhem drool over her. But he was the one who really grew an emotional attachment to her making the others jealous being that they got along having a lot of stuff In common with each other and shared a real special friendship for a long time. It wasn't long before Floyd realized his feelings for Janice were more then just a best girl pal when she and their sax player,bandmate and friend Zoot made it official. Now Janice and Zoot had an iffy relationship and it had given him a very bad vibes being a huge hippie. They often fought leaving Janice in tears running to Floyd for a shoulder to cry on and guy advice on Zoot. He kept convincing her to leave him because of the constant behaviour that was often repetitive especially after rehearsals. Janice would just get mad at him and deny it. The final straw came when there was an explosive fight erupted after a Show at the Muppet Theatre which was where they worked full time during the week doing rehearsals and the shows were on weekends. He remembered clearly hearing Janice scream 'Zoot No!' and a thud he had hit Janice putting a black eye and bruise on her face. Janice ran to him crying while Floyd cradled and rocked her like a scared child as she poured out her emotions telling him everything on how she thought he was right and dumped Zoot. That was the moment Floyd confessed his feelings for Janice and she told him she felt exactly the same about him and that she had stayed an extra 6 months with Zoot out of fear. Floyd laid back smiling remembering how that first kiss between them felt from the first time they made love in the middle of nowhere in the back of the band bus and how they had been living together for 4 years. Their relationship was very serious and they were closer than ever when they first started as best friends they still were but they were also lovers at the same time. Floyd hoped one day he'll be able to pop the question to her when they felt they were ready to fully commit to one another and whether or not Janice was ready being a whole 5 years younger than him. Speaking of his main squeeze,Janice came racing down into the living room beaming holding a binder book.
'Hey mama whatcha you all sun shiny bout?' He said calling her by her pet name.
'Oh Floyd like remember how we always talked about how much we wanted to adopt a teenage girl who was troubled just like I was!' Janice said
'Mmm yeah'
'Well like I found a nearby girls orphanage and I rully think I found a girl that would be Fer sure perfect for us. She even has a similar back story to me'
Janice crawled into the recliner with Floyd sitting on his lap and turned
To the page of the young girl she had an attachment to. She was a hazel eyed light brunette with a very somber grim expression in the photograph. She looked like a very sad but was putting on a brave face. It said that her name was Kylie and she was the oldest out of the girls in the home at 18 years old,she had run away from home just like Janice had done and her parents whereabouts remain unknown. She was looking for a loving home that would have people who took care of her.
'She's beautiful' Floyd said
'Fer Sure'
'She seems a lot like you were when Teeth and I saved you from the streets'
'Like yeah that's what I was thinking. Oh honey what do you think of her? Can we go and see her?' Janice said squeezing his hand in hopes
'Hmmm'
'Puhlease!' Janice pouting her big lips and batting her eyelashes
'Well..Why alright mama! Go book a appointment with the orphanage and we can meet Kylie'
'Aw Yay!' Janice hugged and kissed her boyfriends cheek in joy. 'Like I'll go call Mrs Dungeon!'
'You're Welcome Babe' Floyd said stroking her hair as she got up and dialled the number to the orphanage.

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Chapter 2
Chapter 2
'Tomorrow?' Mrs. Jennifer Dungeon twirled the phone cord as she talked on the phone.
'Well listen now miss this isn't an overnight thing...Yeah Yeah I know....Okay....3pm will do just fine...Okay...Alrighty...bye bye' She hung up the phone and Got up.
Kylie and Leah sat on Leah's bed in the dorm talking and on their phones. Leah was a 16 year old girl who's parents died in a bus accident when she was 10. Her twin brother Leo was currently away serving in Afghanistan which made contact very limited. Last time she saw him was over a year ago when he used to visit every couple months. She had been in the orphanage since age 10 and Leo was in a foster home till he saw a chance to get away at the age of 15 by going to fight overseas. Leah really missed him and cried so often and Kylie was the one there for her always there to hold her whenever and they bonded as sisters sharing life stories. They had become so close they vowed to always stay together. They were not treated very well at this orphanage and were often beaten when not doing what they were told and didn't follow the rules. Kylie never ever experienced what love was til she met Leah. She grew up with her parents hating her existence and that she was a mistake they were constantly arguing and verbally and physically harming her causing her to run at age 15,a lady had found her wondering and took her to the orphanage after Kylie said she had no family. There was no love or affection from Mrs Dungeon or her husband Mr Jacob Dungeon. Just rewards and punishments. Still better then at home where she was constantly yelled at and hit.
'I wonder what's going to be on the menu tonight' said Kylie
'Ramen...again like matters though all the food here tastes like plastic and or gone bad' exclaimed Leah
'True..'
'Miss Eagan?'
Kylie froze hearing her last name spoken by Mrs Dungeon standing behind her.
'Yes Ma'am?'
'I want your Tush in my office in the next minute..Is that clear?'
'Mmm'
'Is that a yes? Miss Eagan what have I said about spoken word answers when you're asked a question?..you don't grumble that's rude'
'Right..I'm sorry Ma'am'
'Forty seconds'
'Alrighty..man I wonder what I did wrong now..'Kylie said rolling her eyes.
'Nothing. You just can't please the Dungeon Dragon' Leah said making Kylie snort laughing.
'Twenty Seconds Miss Eagan'
At that warning Kylie booked it over into Mrs Dungeons office to see Her and Mr Dungeon sitting at the desk. Kylie's hands began shaking in her hoodie pockets. When Mr and Mrs Dungeon were in the office together it meant either two things..You were in huge trouble or somebody was interested in adopting you.
'Sit down please' instructed Mr Dungeon
Kylie sat down in the middle leather chair getting ready to be yelled at.
'Cross your legs Miss Eagan sit like a proper woman' Mrs Dungeon said abruptly
Kylie grumbled to herself as she did so. She hated how Mrs Dungeon was trying to get them to act all posh and girly.
'What was that? Did I hear a complaint?'
'No mrs D'
'How many times have I told you to call me either by Mrs Dungeon or Ma'am?!'
'Sorry Mrs.Dee-I mean Ma'am'
'That's better..I've just about had it with you today Miss Eagan. One more un lady like behaviour today you're spending the night away from (Leah) Miss Hilst'
'Yes I understand. I'm sorry'
'Good girl' said Mr Dungeon 'Anyway a lady called not long ago and it looks like she and her boyfriend want to adopt you..now tomorrow they want to meet you at 3:30 and make a final decision.'
'Now listen up I want you to dress your best that means not the rags you're wearing now' Mrs Dungeon pointed to her blue hoodie and ripped jeans.
'What's wrong with this?' Kylie asked confused
'You look sloppy and they're gonna think you're a punk with that makeup too' She commented on Kylie's everyday pinup looking winged makeup.
'But..this is me my style it's who I am..that would be very rude of them to judge my appearance..'
Mrs Dungeon banged her hand with a heavy dictionary.
'Enough arguing! Do as you're told. Seriously Mrs Eagan you're a inch away from sleeping away from Miss Hilst'
Kylie bit her lip trying to hold back tears 'Sorry ma'am anyway will they be able to take Leah as well? We kind of would like to stay together'
'No,they said they were looking for one girl that's it' Mr Dungeon said
'And if I were to refuse to be taken again because of it?'
'That would result in very big consequences like oh the Arnel Orphanage' Mrs Dungeon
Said
Kylie's eyes went big. She heard of that orphanage this place was sweet as sugar compared to what went down there. Stories of children getting forced into being like slaves and treated like farm animals.
'..Okay' Kylie answered choking up knowing she'd be separated from Leah either way.
'Good now head on back to the dorm room get a nice clean outfit ready and wash up for supper'
'Yes ma'am' As Kylie turned her back tears began to fall as she rushed to hug Leah crying.
'What happened?!' Cried Leah holding her
'I-i have no choice Lee or else I'm off to Arnel if it fails or I refuse'
'To what?'
'People are interested and want to adopt me'
'Oh..' Leah began to sob clinging and rocking her big but shorter sister like a child she couldn't go on without her older sister to love her.
'W-What am I gonna do without you??' Cried Leah
'I-I dunno leeloo..I'll do my best to convince this couple I just pray they'll be nice and can have room'

I hope you're all enjoying it so far! I'll try to have three done by at least tomrrow evening.

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Update: dunno if it'll delay but just so you all know I'm doing christmas shopping after work and it could delay the story by a couple hours but just so you know

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Ok here's chapter three. Sorry I was super exhausted and tuckered after Wandering doing Christmas shopping. On the bright side got three gifts all done and three more to go. I will try and update when I can. Anyway Chapter three!!

Chapter 3
'Hello! May I speak to whoever runs this orphanage?' Janice asked the lady at the front desk.
'That would be me,Mrs Jennifer Dungeon' said Mrs Dungeon shaking her and Floyd's hands.
'And my husband Mister Jacob Dungeon' she said introducing her husband. As they shook Mr. Dungeons hand as well.
'Please sit make yourself comfortable. Tea or coffee?' Mrs Dungeon offered
'Like some tea would be nice FER sure'
'No thanks'
'Okay now we need to ask you a few questions before we can get you to meet Kylie.. What is your relationship like? Are you two married?' Mr Dungeon asked
'No were not married but we've been dating for years and started out as best friends' Floyd answered as he held hands with his girlfriend as she smiled at him
'Okay' Mr Dungeon said as Mrs Dungeon kind of looked at them funny wondering how on earth they weren't married
'You live together?'
'Fer sure In a 2 story house'
'Got any birth or other adopted children?'
Janice and Floyd shook their heads
'Your purpose of possibly adopting Miss Eagan?'
'Like I had always wanted to adopt a girl with a tough past like me and to rully give the help I never got and she had a very similar back story to me Fer sure'
'Okay.'
Back in the dorm area Kylie stood looking into the mirror wearing a floral dress cut slightly above the knee with sleeves at a T-shirt length. Her brown naturally frizzy hair was in a half up do and she wore button earrings. She had ditched her thick big winged eyeliner under the force and threat of Mrs Dungeon and went with a thin line and mascara with rouge lips. She sighed looking in the mirror sort of uncomfortable with how she looked in this look and dried her eyes as tears fell. It just wasn't her. She was sick and tired of having to pretend to be someone she was not for the people who'd wanted to adopt her.
'Hey..you look pretty..' Leah said to her squeezing her hand with tears in her eyes.
'Thank you' Kylie Managed to squeak out as she began to cry as Leah began crying too hugging her tight knowing she was never gonna see her again.
'Okay..calm down you'll smudge your makeup' Leah said gently drying her friend/sisters eyes with a tissue
'Miss Eagan come in' Mrs Dungeon called
'Coming!...Thanks Lee' Kylie said as she kissed Leah on the cheek as she walked into the office.
'Kylie..this is Janice and Floyd..' Mr Dungeon said introducing her.
'Why hi girly'
'Like hi'
'Hello. How are you?' Kylie said shaking each of their hands.
'Oh we're just swell' Floyd said
'Alright I'll just leave you three to discuss things and make a final decision' Mrs.Dungeon said as she and her husband left the room
'Call us when ready' said Mr Dungeon
Kylie sat in front of Janice and Floyd forcing a smile.
'So? Like How you feel? About us as your parents?' Janice asked her.
Kylie's bottom lip and hands started to shake as she tried to talk.
'You okay kiddo?' Floyd asked as he and Janice noticed her distress.
'I-I..' Kylie began tearing up again
Janice and Floyd each held her hand on their side.
'You're obviously very upset sweetie..talk to us..' Janice said gently rubbing the palm of her hand with her thumb.
Kylie took a deep breath and listened for the breathing, foot creaks and eavesdropping of Mr and Mrs Dungeon. Looking into the couples eyes She felt they were very trustworthy,willing to listen and acknowledge her feelings being how gentle they were to her.
Kylie just broke into sobs.
'Oh no no! Sweetheart!' Janice cried as she moved to sit beside her and put her arms around her as Kylie hugged back crying into chest as Floyd put a hand on her knee caressing it.
'She threatens me.She hurts me!' She cried trying to keep it down for Mrs Dungeon.
'Mrs Dungeon'
Kylie nodded.
'If I don't get adopted this time they'll throw me into Arnel separated from my sister Leah. She's not my blood sister but I call her that..we met here but I'm separated either way from her'
Janice rubbed Kylie's shoulder and exchanged concerning glances with Floyd. They heard what went Down at Arnel and finding out how she was treated here was very shocking and sad.
'Oh honey!' Janice pulled her in closer rocking Kylie in her arms as she cried.
'Like we got room for one more girl we can take Leah too..Floyd is that okay? That's not a problem is it?'
Floyd took a moment and stared at the look on Kylie's face.
'What the hey! The more the merrier! What's one more!' Floyd said.
'Y-You mean it!' Kylie said as they nodded.
'Yeah I'll go talk to Mrs Dungeon about adding Leah'
'Really oh thank you!..Don't tell her I convinced you' cried Kylie hugging Floyd crying in joy
'You're welcome and Course not darling' Floyd said rubbing the girls back then let go to go talk to Mrs.Dungeon. Janice hugged Kylie tight as she continued to cry repeatedly hugging her and sobbing 'Thank you thank you! Bless you! Bless you!'
'Shhh..' Janice hushed her rocking her again and kissed her forehead.
'Like Mama Jans here..Mama Jans gotcha..'

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
lol I bet you're all now like 'well Ky about time' xD heres chapter 4
Chapter 4
'Mrs D..' Floyd began
'Dungeon' Mrs Dungeon barked a little correcting him
'Sorry M'aam so we decided we want to adopt Kylie it's official and she likes the idea..and...'
'Okay and?'
'We want to adopt or have another girl in the family to like..have an extra helping hand and company for Kylie'
'Did Miss Eagan talk you into taking Leah too? If that's the case I can't let you'
'Oh no not at all but I Might be interested in Leah actually it'd be good for our Ky to have someone that she'll get along with'
'Well..I guess we can see..you want to meet her?'
'Please' Floyd said nodding

Leah sat on her bed all alone with tears in her eyes she couldn't believe how cruel Mrs Dungeon was for taking Kylie away from her. Kylie had no choice but to go with the people that wanted to take her next. It killed her inside.
'Miss Hilst! Over Here now!'
Mrs Dungeons voice echoed through the orphanage hall.
'Oh great..' Leah groaned as she made her way down. She was expecting the usual lecture from her not to be so sensitive and mopey since Kylie's gone and get told to shape up and get over it. Instead there was Mrs Dungeon at her husbands desk with a man sitting in front with long reddish orange hair and moustache who gave a friendly smile to her. Leah immediately turned very shy as she usually does when she meets new people. She had a lot of trouble trusting anybody since she came.
'Miss Hilst meet mr floyd pepper.'
Floyd extended a hand 'Hi there girly you must be Leah' he said gently as she shyly shook his hand and nodded.
'Miss Hilst you speak when you are spoken to!'
'Aww Ma'am don't be so hard on this girl she's very shy obviously..' Floyd rubbed her back gently to show her she could trust him.
'How old are you darling?'
'1-16' Leah managed to say
'Ah so a little younger then Kylie'
'Yeah..you're adopting her?'
'Sure am me and my girlfriend Janice,they're just talking in the main area and we want another girl would you be interested,Leah?'
'Would I?! Yes!' Leah squealed in joy as she hugged Floyd tight
'Please Mrs Dungeon! She'll be in good hands.' Floyd said hugging her back.
'I'm Sorry but we can't let you adopt two unless you have a biological child or another adopted child before them' Mrs Dungeon said
'What?! Then why did you consider even the thought of it to me?'
'Yeah..that's not fair Ma'am'
'Life ain't always fair Miss Hilst now back to your room please'
Leahs lips trembled as she held back crying.
'Wait Leah,Lemme walk you back' Floyd said taking her arm 'that alright?'
Mrs Dungeon nodded 'I guess so just hurray back so you can sign yourself as Miss Eagan's guardians'
Floyd nodded as he walked with Leah as soon as they turned a corner in the hall and were out of earshot he said to her 'Look who cares what this bag says we're getting you out of here..Go back pack up your bags quickly..there a back door?'
'Mhmm..'
'Okay go and wait out in the back and I'll sign the papers get Janice and Kylie and then go around to the back and get you'
'Okay...thank you so much Mr. Floyd!..you're so nice' Leah said hugging him again
'Anything for my daughters' he said hugging back and winking at her 'Now go hurry' Leah nodded she smiled and pecked a small kiss on his cheek then took off to her room.

Janice sat next to poor Kylie holding her hand who was very anxious and hoping Leah will be able to stay forever.
'Janice..I'm really worried this is taking a while..' Kylie said
'Like I know baby..I know..' Janice said soothingly taking both of Kylie's hands and rubbing her palms with her thumbs.
'I know my honey will not leave this building until like he takes both girls with him'
'Aw Really?!
'Fer Sure'
Kylie smiled as she put a head on her new moms shoulder. All of a sudden Floyd opened the door making Kylie sit up.
'So?' She asked him
'Mrs Dungeon won't budge....but that's not gonna stop us let's head out to the bus. Leahs waiting at the backdoor' Floyd said with s smile
Kylies eyes welled with tears of joy as she ran over and leapt into Floyds arms hugging him tight.
'Thank you thank you!!!' Kylie sobbed as Floyd hugged back lifting her feet off the floor.
'Course darling. We'll always find a way for you two'
'Fer sure'
'Aw Janice cmere you too!' Kylie says as she hugged her as well as Janice rubbed her back.
'I love you guys already'
'Good! We're trying to be good parents' Floyd said leading them to the electric mayhem bus.