I will be EXTREMELY impressed if you remember this...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, I didn't get to ask him too many questions. He only had an hour to meet and greet with everybody. And there were a couple hundred people on line. Mostly parents with little toddlers, who are so used to Elmo and today's incarnation. Little kids that never knew of Mr. Hooper or David, or Matt Robinson's Gordon, or Beautiful Day Monster or anything we grew up with.

But the five minutes I did get to spend with him was worth its weight in gold. If I had more time, and it was a little less rushed, I definitely would've picked his brain some more. But still, to be able to have met BOTH original cast members who are still alive (Susan and Bob) is something I'll always treasure. Maybe someday I'll be lucky enough to meet Carroll Spinney, and that would be heaven to me.

Tim

Reaction score
The thing I remember was the "island" being made of sand-covered styrofoam, since as he crawled up on it, the hollow-sounding "beach" squeeked.

HG Jago

Reaction score
Thank God somebody else remembers this sketch. I really was beginning to think I must have dreamed it as a kid after watching Monty Python late at night or something!

This sketch really used to give me feelings of anxiety when I was little. I guess it was something about Bob being all disheveled and searching for this mysterious character that I wasn't sure was going to be friendly. And what if Bob got attacked by wild animals while he was out looking? And if Bob is out searching for 10-20 years, how will he ever get back to his friends on Sesame Street?

OK, I had a bit of an overactive imagination when I was four...

ETapout

Reaction score
I randomly had this episode pop into my head recently and I was actually relieved that someone else was trying to find this as well. I have been .. :cough: in search of .. this clip for awhile now . Thus far to no avail. However I was just going through the Muppet Wikia episode guide and found this:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_1706

This is from the 1982 Sesame Street season premiere . The first picture shown , "Big Bird greets the campers...". The man standing behind Bob .. THAT is the same guy that played Kermit The Hermit ! Perhaps might job people's memories a bit, I dont know ... the quest continues !

Note: The week of "Camp Echo Rock" episodes were taped over a 6-day period in August 1982 at Bear Mountain in NY .... perhaps this is where The Kermit The Hermit was filmed as well .

http://www.sesamestreet.org/parents/theshow/cast/additional_cast
The actor that played "Kermit The Hermit" is Kermit Love. He also played Willy The Hot Dog vendor.

We will find this clip !

That's our Kermit The Hermit

DePingPong

Reaction score
"Bob also acknowledges the October release date of the Sesame DVD box set, but couldn't give any specifics on what we may find. We'll just have to wait and find out."

So, does anyone know what the mentioned DVD set was going to be? My bet is on Old School Vol. 1!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yes, it was Old School Volume 1. But like I said, Bob knew its release date was coming, but wasn't clear about the content. (Man, was that EIGHT years ago??!! Seems like a blink of the eyes.)