Moore's Family Backstory

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Bringing this back up topside... Don't think we've forgotten to nag you for more story Kyle.
So... More please!

Erine81981

Reaction score
Don't worry. I just haven't had time yet. That is what I'm doing right now. So I'll try to get it up later on.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I just wanted to bump this thread. I'll try to get more of this up and ready to read.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh, I'm excited! And rereading! Lots of fun here!

EDIT: I have just reread the story, and I have to say that my comments when I first read it really weren't half good enough. The story is so brilliantly plotted, settting the parents up through a series of tragic circumstances to slowly become evil. The characterisation of everyone from Father to Ted are perfect. Father's lines are hilarious. I love when Mother talks to Nicky. The men who attack the house are fantasticly evil in a lazy kinda way. I loved every moment of it.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I wanted to bump this thread and say that i'm working more on this now and getting time to write it on the computer and fix some stuff that wrote back then. So should have Chapter 5 up and ready for everyone here to read. Can't wait to get this up and for everyone to get back to their work of the seires of "The Moppet Family."

Beauregard

Reaction score
Good heavens!

I miss MopFam...wonder if I'l ever get time t write some more spinoffs...I'd love to do a story about Father's time as a secret agent.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Here is the newest Chapter in the Moore's Backstory. Enjoy!

Chapter 5: The Beginning

Kyle didn’t have a place to stay now and who was going to watch him? Since the Moppets were good people they took Kyle under their wing just like if he was one of theirs. So that night Christy made told Vic that Kyle was going to be staying with them for a while to let him sleep with him. Vic didn’t mind but would have rather had Ted sleep with him. Ted ended up sleeping on the floor that night. The next morning when Vic, Kyle and Ted came running down the stairs for breakfast Christy didn’t know how to tell Kyle that his parents were in jail all because of herself. What would she do? Would she tell him or just let it go? She didn’t want Kyle to think Vic had a mean mommy and for him to think she’s mean too.

So without knowing what to tell Kyle she lied. But Kyle wouldn’t know. He’s just a little thing. You know kids. They believe almost anything an adult tells them.

“What would you kids like for breakfast?" asked Christy.

Vic answered right away. “Pancakes!"

But Kyle had to think a while. He had never had really had eggs or bacon or waffles, cereal or even pancakes. His parents had always had other things to do. A robot maid took care of him during the mornings and afternoons.

“What would you like, Kyle?"

“I don’t know? I’ve never had pancakes before.”

“You’ve never had pancakes?" asked Vic very puzzled.

“I guess I’ll have some pancakes, please?"

“Good choice.”

Then it happened. Kyle asked the question that Christy was afraid he would ask.

“Are my parents coming back?"

Christy panicked and didn’t know have an answer yet. “Uh…dear could you come here please?"

“What?" asked Bo.

“Uh….well….uh…..could you tell Kyle where is parents are?"

“Who?" asked Bo.

“Kyle!" shouted Christy.

“Oh you mean the-kid-next-door?"

“Yes!" huffed Christy.

“They are in jai…”

Christy interups Bo. “Jaroup!"

“Jaroup?" puzzled Kyle.

“Yeah. Jaroup. It’s a place where parents go when they need a vacation. (whew)”

“Why haven’t I heard of this place? It seems of a place we might need go. Don’t you think we need a vacation? We could ask your brother to watch Vic and Kyle while we go. said Bo.

“There is no such place!" said Christy trying to whisper to Bo.

“They why did you tell him th…oh no! You made me lie to a kid. And he’s not ever ours. You know how much I hate to lie to anyone. Expeilly to a kid. That’s a new low even for you.”

“But I had to. I couldn’t tell him the truth. I would then be the worse mother and on that note Kyle wouldn’t ever want to play with Vic ever again. He would hate me enough to hate poor little Vic.” said Christy as she started to cry.

“There, there honey. It’s ok. It’s just you know how much I don’t like to lie. That’s all my parents ever did to me it lie. Now look at me. I’m shaking. I’m a nervious wreck.” said Bo trying to hold it together.

Vic and Kyle just gazed on at Christy and Bo with a confused look as they fought. Christy and Bo just stared back down at them with a stern look and told them two go outside and play. Ted heard the door open and rushed out his doggy door after Vic and Kyle.

Over at the ABTO (Animals Being Tested On) building all the animals were being packed away and sent back to all their homes. As one of the dockworkers was loading up one of the crates into the truck it started rattling around that is shook loose. The crate fell off the forklift and shattered into pieces. Out fell what looked like a big fur with legs, two little bitty horns and a cute little face. The dockworkers tried to catch the little thing but couldn’t. The little animal ran as fast as his little legs could carry him. He ran into the forest and hid in an old weathered down log.

Poor little thing didn’t know where he was. Tears filled his eyes and with that he started crying. It was night time and the little guy just couldn’t get to sleep. He tossed and turned all night. He tried sleeping on his back and his side but couldn’t fall asleep. So the little dude went for a walk in the woods. Now being that it was night out he didn’t know about all the other animals. An owl began to hoot, rats scurried along the forest floor, cats meowed and dogs howled at the moon.

(Don’t forget people. This forest isn’t to far away from the neighborhood) He ran from the woods and into a fence. He shakes his head from all the ringing from banging his head he looked up and saw he was out of the forest and in some kind of neighborhood.
But he still didn’t know where he was. So he found a hole under one of the fences and found a doghouse. He thought why not here. He then made himself at home in the little doghouse. He was finally able to get to sleep.

The next day is when Vic and Kyle found him. Vic started poking him with a stick. “What is it?"
asked Kyle. Vic responded that it might be a little hairy wild man. But with horns and a snout that looked almost like a cow it couldn’t be. “Maybe a horse?" said Vic pulling a saddle out from his back. Kyle ended up dragging him out of the Ted’s doghouse and tried to wake him up. They shook him, dropped him and even tried to throw him off the roof of each of their house but nothing woke the little thing up.

“Maybe if we stick some dynamite in his mouth that’ll wake him.” said Vic starting to light one.

“No no no. I don’t want to blow him up. I…..sort of like him. I’ve never had a pet.” said Kyle.

“You’ve never had a pet?" said Vic starting to laugh.

“Hey! It’s not my fault that my parents never got me a dog or a cat or anything.”

Vic started to think about having a friend who had a wild hairy man for a pet. He thought and thought and nothing came to him about it. It seemed weird but what hay. Kyle and his family were weird to begin with anyways. “I think that will be cool!" said Vic.

“Oh boy!" said Kyle jumping up for joy kissing Vic on the forehead.

“Yuck! Keep your germs to yourself.”

That’s when Bo (Mr. Moppet) came out to get the newspaper. “Hey guys. How are thing out in the real world treating you?" Both boys looked up at Mr. Moppet and didn’t have a clue at what Bo was talking about. Bo then noticed the little hairy thing on the ground. “What in the world is that?"

“What?" asked Vic.

“That thing right there. What is it?" asked Bo again.

“Oh that. He’s one of our new buddies from down the street. He just moved in.” said Kyle hugging the hairy creature.

Mr. Moppet stood there wondering what to think of the hairy thing. Minutes go by and still Bo stands there looking at it. He then takes a sip of his tea and says, “How about inviting him over for dinner tonight. (Whispers) Oh and tell his mom he needs a hair cut. We don’t want him shedding in the house.” said Bo walking back into the house. Kyle and Vic whipped the sweat off their foreheads and slid down on the ground.

“That was one close call.” said Kyle.

“You’ve got that right. I know something that’ll keep us entertained before dinner tonight.” said Vic getting a grin.

“You’ve got that grin again.”

I know! Let’s do it!" said Vic getting more and more excited.

“But the last time we did it. It never worked.”

“Oh come on Kyle. It should work this time.”

“I guess.” said Kyle as he walked with Vic to the backyard.

So to the backyard they went. Vic had rigged up his “Triple Up In The Air” trick that didn’t work the last time him and Kyle had tried it. This time Vic wasn’t going to us Kyle but the little hairy creature instead. He had it to were whoever used it would fly up into the air land over the Cowlady’s backyard scare away all of her farm animals. Which would then make a big riot out in the streets and terrible things would happen then.

“No, no no! You can’t use him. What if something bad happens to him?" said Kyle getting scared but also concerned about the little thing.

“So.” said Vic not worrying about anything.

“So? That’s all you can say is so?"

“If anything happens to him. Then we’ll know not to do it that way again. Now help him into the thing.”

So as Kyle helped the poor defsile creatures into the contraction that is when it woke up. As he rubbed its eyes to get the sleepies out, he looked down to see something holding him. He didn’t know what to think. Was he being captured again or what? So that’s when he acted and kicked Kyle in the face, making Kyle fall into the thing, Vic then gets scared pulling the lever, which then releases the skate bored flying down the ramp with Kyle on it. Vic stands there in amazement watching Kyle fly off the ramp and into the sky. As Kyle was up there it felt like slow motion. “Are you ok up there?" asked Vic fallowed him up in the air. “I’m doing ok….i guess.” As he went to fall over into the Cowlady’s backyard Vic raced around to ally and watched Kyle fall into the backyard.

Right when he landed all the farm animals just went haywire. All the cows, horses, pigs, chickens and sheep busted through the front gate causing all the animals running into the streets.

“Oh this is going to be fun!" screamed Vic now running into his front yard.

Kyle comes limping out into the front yard to watch all the trouble him and Vic had caused. As this was going on that’s when Mrs. Moppet looked up from washing the dishes and sees all the commotion going on out in the neighborhood. She rushes from the kitchen and out the door like Flash using his powers like he had know he had them all along. “What is the world is happening out here?"

Vic and Kyle looked at each other saying, “Uh oh!" Knowing they were in big trouble if she found out or if even if the Cowlady found out too. What will happen to the two boys? Stay tuned and find out later.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I figured i would bump this thead. I haven't wrote anything new but there is Chapter 5 which i posted just a few months ago but i hope everyone will want to either re-read this or just read the new chapter but here you go. Enjoy!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know it's been years since I started this but i thought about maybe bring this back. But thought i would bump this thread again. I'll try and see what's going to happen and then i'll post another chapter. Here's hoping.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Once again I still haven't done anything with this in a very very very very long long long long time but I'm bumping it up again. Maybe I'll find my old draft and carry on with new chapters but don't be sad or mad if I don't get started off again since every time I say I'm going to I don't do it. Just got to stick to it. Peace Out Moppet Family Fans or Moore Family Fans too