Most Obnoxious Fandoms

Drtooth

Reaction score
Family Guy painted itself into a corner with it's darker humor. Now the cast are all jerks to each other for laughs instead of just Meg. When they started doing that to Joe, that was a bit too far. One episode had Chris calling him a monster or something because he was giving Chris advice. While I can't say that was either funny or completely cringeworthy, but then Peter made a ringtone out of his crying... now, I like crossing the line twice jokes, but that wasn't a joke. Not even close. And yet another episode had Peter viciously trolling him because he's handicapped. I failed to see the humor of that, and I like Family Guy. When the show started, the cast had some likability to them. Now everyone's a jerk to everyone else and it's just all cringe humor. Then they try to take issues like domestic abuse seriously when everyone's abusive and the same thing was played for laughs before and since.

But that's more of an example of a show that's been on too long and pandering to a new audience. It used to be some edgy, hip thing without having the characters all pass moral event horizons. Now it's just something that's running on shock fumes.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Personally, I never liked the jokes about Meg at all. Not just how crappy it is that she's picked on for supposedly being fat (even though she's svelte compared to her father and younger brother) and ugly (even though she looks almost exactly like her mother, who's considered this smoking hot POA (gonna let you guys figure out that acronym on your own:wink:) on the show); call me old-fashioned, but I like to watch a show (even an animated and/or comedy show) where every character in the main cast is actually...well, a character, and not a punchline. And I don't buy that Seth Macfarlane and his team of middle school-humor loving writers can't write female characters; his other big hit, American Dad, has female characters who are reasonably fleshed out (with maybe not the most admirable traits, but still something), and besides that, it's not like a teenage girl character is that much harder for a talented writer to write than any other character (though, maybe the keyword there is "talented").

Drtooth

Reaction score
American Dad and Family Guy have different sets of writers. All the really talented ones went to AD. FG pretty much panders to the fans that watched reruns on adult swim in 2003 in between Halo games, not the cult watchers who bothered tuning in since 1999. They actually wrote for Meg back then. I understand that Fox pressured that character onto them (Chris was originally an only child at one point), but what's the excuse for being mean to everybody?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
the jem and the holograms fandom, the goths try to make jem gothic , and dress her in dark sinster clothing, when jem really was new wave.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The Diaper Art Fandom, I do not want to see art of Mac from Foster's or Edd from EEnE in diaper in their normal age, If it was babies yeah that would be cute but, not their regular ages.:rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's more of a fetish than a fandom. I'm always afraid that whatever I draw someone will get fetish fuel off of it.

EDITL HOWEVER, kids that want you to draw crappy OC's and pester you for requests of them... obnoxious as heck, Braw!

Last edited:

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
EDITL HOWEVER, kids that want you to draw crappy OC's and pester you for requests of them... obnoxious as heck, Braw!
I hear you. I used to have the same problem with someone in particular but I think they've backed off now.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
the jem and the holograms fandom, the goths try to make jem gothic , and dress her in dark sinster clothing, when jem really was new wave.
Ugh, yeah. I mean Goth is cool, but totally inappropriate for Jem. I could see The Misfits trying it on for size for maybe one episode, lol.

Slackbot

Reaction score
HOWEVER, kids that want you to draw crappy OC's and pester you for requests of them... obnoxious as heck, Braw!
I've had enough "gimmee!" requests that I have a standard answer: Sorry, I don't have the time to do freebies. However, I am open to commissions. One person actually asked what a commission was, and when I answered that it was a request with dollars backing it up, they said, "oh nvm". :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've had enough "gimmee!" requests that I have a standard answer: Sorry, I don't have the time to do freebies. However, I am open to commissions. One person actually asked what a commission was, and when I answered that it was a request with dollars backing it up, they said, "oh nvm". :rolleyes:
I'm very temperamental as a fan artist. I need the desire to draw something and more often, the dumb joke I think is funny to get me inspired. Accidentally said "Peanut Butter and Sherman" the other day and drew that.

I don't like requests because they're never anything I'd draw if I wanted to, and that opens the flood gates of obsessive stuff and fetish stuff. I got some dumb request for some bad Courage the Cowardly Dog OC... I haven't drawn Courage anything yet despite kinda wanting to. I don't even get around to all the shows I like. But it's like "can I plz have a picture of bad OC character with character from another show you've never drawn befor?" Even if I got a good request, I'd have to turn it down. But I never get good requests.