Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4514 - Oscar's Trash Savings Plan

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Season 45 Episode 4514 - Oscar's Trash Savings Plan
Monday January 12, 2015

Oscar is trying to save bags of trash for a P.U.gelhorn so he and Fluffy can play a duet together. However, he just can’t seem to control his impulses when he wants to buy something else. Goozie Orman tries to help him develop a strategy – to pretend that what he wants is something he can’t stand, something nice or cute. Will this strategy be enough for Oscar?

Subject: Math, Self-Regulation
Brought to you by: S & 8
Word on the Street: Awful - Very, very bad.

If you've seen "Oscar's Trash Savings Plan" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't hate the idea of the Macklemore spoof. I wish it were a better written parody, though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll agree to that. I really dug it, but it could have been funnier. But I'm impressed that this parody actually was written into the street story, rather than just some self contained thing. Also like how they sung it once and not three or more times during the episode. Yet, I really think Macklemore should have been in the entire street story, constantly tempting Oscar instead of the random bit about the Sty-Phone. I also really liked the dig at constant PBS self improvement hawker Susie Orman. Really good story, but I felt overall it was just a little short.

There's really not much to comment on besides that great Big Bird song. Just the same old reused footage. The Parks and Rec guy (forget his name at the moment) was great with Murray in the word of the day segment. Like that it was at least playful, instead of just saying what the word is.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... P.U.gelhorn, maybe he can call :smile: to buy :concern:'s old one, that thing never worked right, :grouchy: would love it.
Wonder how many people will get the Goozie Orman spoof, though her name should have been Oozie instead, it flows better that way.

Another episode I missed, will probably take a Muppet Wiki walk to catch up on these. Hope I don't end up missing out on The Great Cookie Thief special in February or whenever that airs.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The street story was very funny. The Thrift Shop spoof was catchy. The WOTD bit was funny. I liked Murray's simple rock song. The new MHALL was very good. I can't help but wonder how they kept track with the milk carton.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wonder how many people will get the Goozie Orman spoof, though her name should have been Oozie instead, it flows better that way.
To make the episode really authentic, she should have prattled on the entire hour with breaks every 20 minutes to sell her books... errr... for PBS, that is. Not a generous tax write off for her, no badoobie doo.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Heh... P.U.gelhorn, maybe he can call :smile: to buy :concern:'s old one, that thing never worked right, :grouchy: would love it.
That probably wouldn't work. First of all, Steve stopped doing Ernie because of his unavailability, so do have him play Kermit on SS again would be unlikely. Plus, we may want Gonzo to save his old horn in case the Muppet show ever resurfaces. Lol. :smile:

Another episode I missed, will probably take a Muppet Wiki walk to catch up on these. Hope I don't end up missing out on The Great Cookie Thief special in February or whenever that airs.
Wow! They're making an episode out of that one? I know they had a "Cookie Tree" ep years ago. I'm still waiting for "The Monster at the End of this Show."

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else think it was disappointing that the episode started about saving/delayed gratification, and turned sharply into a recycling episode?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Anyone else think it was disappointing that the episode started about saving/delayed gratification, and turned sharply into a recycling episode?
Absolutely! Plus, if I EVER see the Genie in a Bottle episode of Abby's Flying Fairy School one more time, I'm gonna lose it! :grr:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd sound like a really broken record if I have to say "they should have gotten rid of Abby's Flying School" again. But yeah... that's like 10 minutes of the show that segment's sitting on. It's all budget reasons the segment's still on the show. Too little money in the budget to contract more episodes, too much money spent on the ones they did to just completely give up on showing them.