What Sesame Street moments made you laugh?

BertsNose

Reaction score
I hope this isn't a topic already. I see there are over 5,000 topics. If this was already a thread I apologize. For me here are the bits that make me laugh hard every time.

-Grover the singing Spanish waiter.

-When Bert is reading about air and Ernie makes his book fly out of his hand by putting the fan on high

-When Kermit tries to explain about frogs and Bob turns up with a real one.

-Kermit directing Forgetful Jones on "Oklahoma"

-Kermit's "W" lecture

-Kermit explains to Forgetful Jones how to use the telephone

-Ernie and Bert: 2 Noses

-Cookie Monster and Kermit on the MacNeil Lerher Report.

-The Wonderful World of T-Shirts with Kermit

-the one where Bert is going to get the mail and is supposed to let Bert back in afterwards and plays his knocking as drum beats.

-Bert almost leaving the apartment to go shopping

-When Ernie plays the radio soft and loud then puts the knob onto Bert

-In Christmas Eve on Sesame Street when Cookie Monster eats all his writing supplies while trying to write to Santa.

-Mysterious Nose Snatcher with Ernie and Bert

-Ernie writing a shopping list out of chocolate pudding

-Kermit's lecture on "between" with poles that are really mops

I could name some more but I think I said enough. I would love to know what skits make you laugh and I'm sorry if this has been done before. I'm too lazy to find the similar thread.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Hi BertsNose ! You mentioned a couple that made me laugh. The Wonderful World Of T Shirts one is funny. Kermit's supposed to be a calm frog . But watching him having a fit is funny!: :smile: I'M KERMIT THE FROGGG and I want my KERMIT THE FROOOGG T SHIIIIRRTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was hopping mad! (I know...bad pun!)
Kermit explains hands was funny too. He had a live hand next to him & was explaining what hands could do. He said hands could point. So the hand pointed to him. So Kermit told the hand not to point because it was rude. So the hand made a gesture like "Well EXCUSE me!"
Prairie Dawn, Herry , Ernie & Cookie Monster were doing a sketch about "She'll Coming Around The Mountain" Cookie was supposed to be the one going around the mountain. Only he didn't know what "around" was. At one point he went through and yelled "COWABUNGA!!" while doing it!!
Kathy

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I have two that are tied Count counting sheep in his castle and Grover trying to be not afraid with his teddy bear.

cjd874

Reaction score
I would like to bring up the skit where Biff hangs up Salvador Dada's artwork. It's impossible not to laugh at Jim's pompous faux French and Jerry's spot-on New York accent (Dada: "THIS NEXT ONE MONSIEUR…I've entitled FOUR!" Biff: "Four, hah?" Dada: "FAAAWWRR!!!"). But the best part of the whole skit is the punchline. Find out for yourself. Every second is worth it.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I would like to bring up the skit where Biff hangs up Salvador Dada's artwork. It's impossible not to laugh at Jim's pompous faux French and Jerry's spot-on New York accent (Dada: "THIS NEXT ONE MONSIEUR…I've entitled FOUR!" Biff: "Four, hah?" Dada: "FAAAWWRR!!!"). But the best part of the whole skit is the punchline. Find out for yourself. Every second is worth it.

you've got that right!!!! The punchline is so great!

superboober

Reaction score
Among some of mine:

-Super Grover attempting to solve the instance of the not turned on computer by first running around in circles and screaming at the top of his lungs, then hopping up and down and yelling "Wubba wubba."

-Bert's colossal freak-out after Ernie contemplates perhaps retrieving the balloons they just let go after begging Bert to do so in the first place

-Cookie smashing the train into Guy Smiley's studio to get the third item rhyming with rain in time

-Kermit resignedly mumbling "Hop" with each one after realizing he really has no choice but to hop up the stairs in his trench coat because the Count's too busy counting each floor in the elevator

-Ernie counting the fire engines and waking Bert up, followed of course by his equally massive freak-out when counting balloons proves louder than expected

-each time Telly ended up sitting in the broken seat and spilling his popcorn everywhere on Sneak Peek Previews

-Forgetful Jones and Daniella: "Your name's not Vanilla? Then you must be Chocolate."

-Detective Grover remaining blissfully unaware that his office is blowing completely down around him

-Waiter Grover's wild and crazy Mexican restaurant singing routine that keeps ruining Fat Blue's meals--and Fat Blue's climactic faint to the music after seeing the Numero Uno special is in fact the number 1

cjd874

Reaction score
I also love the skit that is highlighted in my signature: Ernie and Cookie Monster's identity crisis (circa 1973-1975). Best parts: Ernie and Cookie stare at each other in PERFECTLY synchronized movements (it still amazes me how well Jim & Frank did that…shows you how masterful their puppetry skills were). And the final hilarious exchange when they try to figure out the Anything Muppet's identity. I feel pretty sure that half of it was ad-libbed.