Songs that remind you of Muppets

Bridget

Reaction score
I can somewhat picture Sam The Eagle singing a rendition of My Way by Frank Sinatra.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Bump!

I can somewhat picture Red and Gobo singing their rendition of the song, "Another Day, That Time Forgot."

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'd like to contribute something. Basically any time I hear a song used on TMS being used in another context I tend to think of the Muppets.

How many times has this phenomenon happened to you? TMS features performances of many licensed songs--pop "oldies," show tunes, etc. However, often when a viewer hears one of these songs on TMS, they, unaware of the song's true origins (usually unless the song is one of a guest star's own songs), tend to associate the song exclusively with the Muppets. Therefore, when the viewer hears that same song being used in another context, they often say to themselves, "That sounds like music for the Muppet Show," or "I am thinking of Kermit/Piggy/Rowlf/whoever right now and I don't know why."

Case in point--I didn't know "In the Navy" from the Roger Moore episode was a song by The Village People until someone commented on it after I casually sang it out loud in public. And I was unaware that "Tomorrow" from the Petula Clark episode was a song from Annie until I saw a trailer for the new Annie in theatres recently.

What do you guys think?

theSHE124

Reaction score
I think you're funny, Mr. Whatnot. But I'm with you on this one, I've heard many songs from TMS and SS before any original sources. :smile:

snichols1973

Reaction score
Sam the Eagle - Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the U.S.A."
Bunsen & Beaker - Oingo Boingo's "Weird Science", Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science"
Rowlf - Billy Joel's "Piano Man"

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Red Fraggle of Fraggle Rock - I Like Boys by Missing Persons

Grimstock

Reaction score
For some strange reason, the late great Phyllis Hyman's "Be Careful (How You Treat My Love)" gives me a strong "old-school" Sesame Street vibe. I think it's the melody that does it.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Bump!

I can somewhat picture Red and Gobo singing their rendition of the song, "Another Day, That Time Forgot."
I made a mistake, guys.

:coy: = Wembley Fraggle
Lou or it could be an anomymous Fraggle
I could imagine them singing this song.