Fandom Burnout/Reawakening

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't even call that immature. That's outright disgusting. Also the reason why I don't do requests. Always do I get requests for something I really dislike and just put my foot down politely about it. I'm thankful I never had to go through that torment you got.

Seriously... disgusting stuff that no one should ever deal with. Even if it started as passive aggressiveness, it went to some dark territory. It's so horrible that great things like Darkwing Duck can escalate a rotten fanbase like that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hate fanfics, nastiness on their websites, E-mail and IRC "whisper campaigns" (including such slander as me being a pedophile who lured young girls in with my fanfics), harassing me on the Disney Afternoon mailing list I ran and then screaming about my abuse of power when I banned their E-mails addresses, and other such foolishness. This was back in the late '90s, when Web fandom was a disorganized mishmash of Geocities and other freebie sites and a few message boards. When one of my trusted friends sided with them and began feeding them info on me to add fuel to the fire, that was the last straw, and I gafiated. No announcements, no drama, I just deleted my bookmarks and walked away from the fandom.
Once again, I can say been there, done that, smoked it, humped it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this happen with things they're really into?
Um, yeah, you pretty much describe my pattern with any fandom, lol. :smile:

It's healthy and normal to burn out and then return later. It's how you keep things fresh.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Glad to see I'm not the only one lol. As I said, Muppets will always be my top fandom, but they are followed closely by Lost, Power Rangers (Mighty Morphin through Space only, but that's a rant for another time), and Sitcoms in General

One thing that has helped keep my Muppet fandom going is that a friend of mine loves the Muppets almost as much as me (he'll never top me), but he's dating a girl who absolutely hates the Muppets. We jokingly give her a hard time about it and try to convince her to come to the "dark side". She's in love with Disney World, so I thought The Muppets at Walt Disney World would be a great starter...no luck so far

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I used to be a big fan of Dreamworks movies and Blue Sky movies like Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Madagascar, and Ice Age, and everything new that was made from those companies for about two years or so, but when I got into the muppets I really stopped being much of a fan, I still like them, and watch the christmas specials and movies when they are on television, but I am not a giant fan who would watch the movies every week, and I have not seen any new Blue Sky movies like Epic or Rio 2 or any Dreamworks movies like The Croods or Turbo, but I still like those movies, but I am a larger muppet fan now. My other fandoms like television ones do not seem to go away besides SS and anything on PBS Kids and other kid channels that I out grew. My television show fandoms have never left unless the show is no longer airing new episodes or reruns. These include all of ABC comedy Wednesday shows like The Middle which I have been watching for five years, and The Goldberges and Black Ish which are my more new fandoms as well as Modern Family, but other shows like Last Man Standing I get tired of, but still watch. Other fandoms of mine like Seinfeld are stable, and I never stop watching. My only fandom that I have watched since before I can remember is Charlie Brown. While I do not read the comics, and have not seen all the specials, I watch all the specials every year on ABC which include like more than ten. Though a lot of fandoms just leave, muppets have stayed, because of all the stuff they have. With animation there were just movies I watched over and over, and I never watched the shows with the cheap animation. With muppets there are shows with a lot of episodes, several movies, more televison movies, and much more. The more things there are, you get to rediscover the characters everytime you see a new one, which makes it my top fandom of all fandoms.