Remembering Christine Cavanaugh

Rugratskid

Reaction score
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?n=christine-josephine-cavanaugh&pid=173657726

Christine (Josephine) Cavanaugh was the voice of many characters, such as Chuckie (Rugrats), Goslyn Duck (Dark Wing Duck), Marty Sherman (The Critic), Oblina (Ahhhhh Real Monsters ), Babe (), and Dexter (Dexter's Laboratory).

I don't even know what to say. I'm just shocked right now. This might sound kinda cheesy, but it's gonna be difficult to watch Rugrats for a day or two (the episodes she voiced Chuckie in).

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't know she was the voice of Babe.:frown:

It's gonna be hard to watch Babe the same way, too...:sympathy:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, major bummer. And she wasn't that much older than me, so you never know when your time is going to come.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I notice there's no official cause of death determined at the present time... I honestly can't help but wonder if maybe she took her own life? Didn't she have some emotional problems brought on by a really nasty divorce? I seem to recall discussing that once.

Either way, this is really sudden and really sad... she was certainly one of the greats of our generation; I, personally, will always remember her best as the voice of Dexter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. Chalk me up as one of those who knew her most as Darkwing Duck's adoptive daughter.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Very sad to hear this. Something tells me her death was from a terminal illness, which may partially explain why she retired back in 2001.

Also, have you noticed how Christine seemed to have been typecast for redheads (Chuckie, Gosalyn, and Dexter)? Plus, she was the voice of a boy in the English dub of a trippy Polish movie called David and the Magic Pearl, who also had red hair.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
::sigh:: I remember having a delayed opening one day in 6th grade. I spent the morning watching Rugrats, the episode where Chuckie gets his first grown up bed. Later I went to school, and we were all talking about Chuckie's monologue about his crib, lol. Good times!