TV Alert: Ernie and Bert on "Oprah: Where Are They Now?" Sunday December 21, 2014

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For almost half a century, one of the most well-known and beloved destinations on television has been Sesame Street. In 2014, this award-winning children's program celebrated 45 years on the air. During a recent trip to New York City, two of the street's original residents, Bert and Ernie, opened up about their famous friendship, how they met and more.

While they may disagree about their age, Bert and Ernie can agree about the foundation of a 45-year friendship. "I'd say the key to a lasting friendship is always respecting each other, listening to each other and caring about what the other person thinks and feels," Ernie says.

See the preview video below to find out what brought Bert and Ernie together for the first time.

Watch "Oprah: Where Are The Now?" this Sunday, December 21, at 9 eastern, 8 central on the OWN Network.

If you saw this appearance, please "like" this message and share your thoughts below.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Of course the only part I want to see is at the end of the show. Not having fun sitting through the rest of this.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Best birthday present ever! We would have never gotten this if Steve was still Ernie. Billy is doing a great job. IDK about you, but I liked Ernie saying his celeb crush is Taylor Swift.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Loved Bert's remark about "Venetian blinds." A tad short, but very well shot and very funny.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I'm not really that familiar with whats going on with the puppateers, but why do you feel this way?
Steve has gotten so busy with Disney's Muppets that from 2007-to-2010, Ernie didn't appear on Sesame Street at all. And Ernie didn't do any unscripted TV appearances like this since Rove in 2007. So Billy Barkhurst taking over Ernie is the best thing that has happened in years. Cause now Ernie's one of the main characters again.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Is there any chance of the full episode being put online? Considering that I'm one of those losers who still to this day has no cable/satellite TV, it sure would be nice if OWN would upload the whole thing on their website.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Steve has gotten so busy with Disney's Muppets that from 2007-to-2010, Ernie didn't appear on Sesame Street at all. And Ernie didn't do any unscripted TV appearances like this since Rove in 2007. So Billy Barkhurst taking over Ernie is the best thing that has happened in years. Cause now Ernie's one of the main characters again.
Yes as I said in another thread Billy is doing a great job, and it is great to have Ernie in the spot light once again.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yes as I said in another thread Billy is doing a great job, and it is great to have Ernie in the spot light once again.
I agree. I heard the voice in the preview and found that Billy's Ernie is pretty much spot on to Jim's. Like, people have mentioned Steve's Ernie seems to be weak at times as if he sort of has trouble getting Kermit or Guy Smiley out of his Ernie voice. Plus Steve's availability is a factor as well. Though it was nice to hear him sing "It Feels Like Christmas" in that Disney World video, so hopefully Steve will continue as :smile: for a long time and Billy will continue as Ernie so he'll be around more often as well. I would like to see the whole special if anyone has a video available of that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't understand this show.

It started out exactly what it said on the tin, Oprah would shed some spotlight on people who have been out of the spotlight for quite some time, fell of the face of the earth, lost their relevance, fell into obscurity, et al... I remember she had an episode on Milli Vanilli and Danny Bonaduce... but lately, she's been having episodes for people who really haven't even gone anywhere... I mean, since when has Kristen Chenoweth fallen off the show biz radar? Ernie and Bert? They haven't gone anywhere!