Bringing Back the Bells...

Convincing John

Reaction score
Same time again this year, folks. 9:00PM Central, ring a bell! So if you're in the Eastern Time zone, ring your bell at 10PM, if you're in Mountain Time, ring it at 8PM, and so on.

If you have the episode, you can watch "The Bells of Fraggle Rock", too. What's really cool is, if you begin the episode at exactly 8:40, the Fraggles (and you) will ring your bells at precisely 9:00PM! If you have a clock in your home that chimes on the hour, it'll add to the fun. (You could do what Emmet Brown did and synchronize all your clocks, too). The Count did it in a storybook, which was pretty cool.

:smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::drool:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
But :batty: is already supernaturally synchronized to either Eastern or Transylvanian Standard Time as demonstrated when he did the countdown when Sesame Street Stays Up Late. :wink:

Grifoshka

Reaction score
Ooh, I want to join the tradition! Too bad it'll be 6:00 AM here at the exact time. Maybe i'll get the small bell and ring it very quietly. :smile:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I've never participated in the tradition before because I was so busy with other things, but I'm willing to start this year. I've always watched the episode on the 21st, but never on a certain time.

Never too late to start, right?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Ugh! I am having technology problems on my laptop this year.

I will ring the bell at 10:00p.m. Sorry about the delay guys. Blah! Well, please forgive for my tardiness because I had other stuff going on.

Dodo

Reaction score
I feel like it's time to bump this thread. We're doing this again, right?

Convincing John

Reaction score
Yes, that's right! Every year, it's a great Muppet tradition. 9:00PM Central, ring a bell! So if you're in another time zone, adjust accordingly. Eastern time, it would be 10:00PM, Mountain Time would be 8:00PM, etc.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Let the bells ring! By all means, if you want to ring your bells, then do so in the spirit of holiday celebration.
*Leaves some 13 cookies for Convincing John. :busy:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hi everyone! For now, Dailymotion has the episode posted online, so if you don't feel like getting out the DVD to watch, just watch it on your computer:

And remember, if you begin the episode exactly 22 minutes before the hour, (8:38 PM for us Central Time Zone folks), the Fraggles (and you) will ring your bells right on the hour.