Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Headdesk comes after facepalm, so what comes after headdesk? 'Cause YT just shat on me again.

This time, they just up and randomly decided they needed to block the complete collection compilation vid of Steve D'Monster's YT (which took me months to compile, and I remastered the old video tape episodes) in the U.S. I mean, yeah, the use of copyrighted music resulted in third party claims, but all this time, Germany was the only country in which it was blocked, and now all of the sudden, they decide to block it in the U.S. too, which makes no sense - the claims haven't changed, and there haven't been any new claims made, so what the **** gives?!

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Headdesk comes after facepalm, so what comes after headdesk? 'Cause YT just shat on me again.

This time, they just up and randomly decided they needed to block the complete collection compilation vid of Steve D'Monster's YT (which took me months to compile, and I remastered the old video tape episodes) in the U.S. I mean, yeah, the use of copyrighted music resulted in third party claims, but all this time, Germany was the only country in which it was blocked, and now all of the sudden, they decide to block it in the U.S. too, which makes no sense - the claims haven't changed, and there haven't been any new claims made, so what the **** gives?!
And now it's unblocked... what in the world was that all about? Ehh... maybe it may have been someone beneficial that I individually reuploaded the Season 1-5 episodes that weren't migrated from my old channel for people's convenience.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
And now it's unblocked... what in the world was that all about? Ehh... maybe it may have been someone beneficial that I individually reuploaded the Season 1-5 episodes that weren't migrated from my old channel for people's convenience.
If I could just say some constructive criticism, you really didn't need to speed up the videos. People watching the whole 3 hour-long thing can just watch as much as they have time for. Also, when you re-uploaded the individual videos, those were sped up too. The original speed was just fine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They're not all sped up. Many from the first two seasons and a few from the third are, but the reason for that being wasn't so much because I didn't think people wanted to waste three hours watching the whole thing, but mainly because I was still using Movie Maker at the time (it's only been since the beginning of the year that I got Adobe Premiere), and since it crashes a lot, I tried to make as less work putting the whole compilation together as possible when I recaptured them from the original tapes - that's also why the individual reuploads are still sped up, rather than re-recapture them from the tapes again, I just extracted them from the compilation and posted them. Either way, people have the option to do whichever they want, either watch the compilation (which I still recommend for the old videotape episodes, since the quality is still preserved), or just watch certain ones individually (the ones I started posting since opening the new channel are probably better that way).

I will admit, the "Year in Review" episode was originally 9-10 long, so that one was shortened since in the last season, I kind of adopted a 6-7 minute format, so that one did feel a little "too long," compared to others.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now if you watch a video in a playlist, you can't turn autoplay off. At all. They replaced that feature with a new one that puts the whole playlist on repeat play (and why would anyone want to sit there and watch an entire playlist on repeat when you only want to watch a certain video?)

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm curious to know why when you change video quality, the gear icon starts spinning, but to make it stop, you have to either press play or click a point on the playbar. Is there a way to just wait until the gear stops spinning?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah... wait. And wait. And wait. Eventually, it stops by itself, but I think the video playing causes the change it quality to lag, but pausing the video or clicking the timeline gives it quality time to catch up... but what I don't understand is why whenever the quality is changed (particularly set higher), the display is pixelated until you click again.

Anyway, I see playback quality is progressively getting worse - smooth playback is becoming more and more infrequent, plus there's been an increase in choppy playback lately, and it's gotten almost as bad as when playback was always choppy on my older, ancient computer: like Drtooht, I'm sure the issue is server-side, because at 8GB of RAM and almost 600GB of diskspace (only a little over 100 is used), I shouldn't be having any problems.

I bet Chrome users have none of these problems. :rolleyes:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Yeah... wait. And wait. And wait. Eventually, it stops by itself, but I think the video playing causes the change it quality to lag, but pausing the video or clicking the timeline gives it quality time to catch up... but what I don't understand is why whenever the quality is changed (particularly set higher), the display is pixelated until you click again.

Anyway, I see playback quality is progressively getting worse - smooth playback is becoming more and more infrequent, plus there's been an increase in choppy playback lately, and it's gotten almost as bad as when playback was always choppy on my older, ancient computer: like Drtooht, I'm sure the issue is server-side, because at 8GB of RAM and almost 600GB of diskspace (only a little over 100 is used), I shouldn't be having any problems.

I bet Chrome users have none of these problems. :rolleyes:
Actually, count me in that group. I use Chrome at my house (I hardly use Firefox on my laptop anymore because I chose not to update to the new look two years ago), and I'm getting that problem.

I always thought it was just background processes on my computer (you know, Norton AntiVirus running a system check or something), but I guess it's not. Glad to hear I'm not the only one experiencing choppy playback.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the only time i have choppy playback is when im trying to load something besides the video and i click off the tab with the video playing. sometimes it will skip.

But I also have like, the best internet speed our service provides so...maybe thats why?

Although, I THINK most videos now use HTML5 and not flash to play. maybe that has something to do with peoples problems.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The loading issue has finally become more frequent with me now, and again, with everybody else complaining about it for a long time, I'm honestly surprised I've never had the same problem up till now, considering it seems like I'm always having certain problems before anybody else does.

But yeah, for days now, half the videos I try to watch will go straight to the error message. Refreshing the page is luckily a pretty quick fix.