Enter the Cookie Monster..... a build for fun.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
I've just finished my cookie monster but it seems that the googly eyes make tons of noise. I suppose I should fill them with spongy foam?. I also added a small piece of felt behind the blacks of the eyes in hopes of quieting things down. Any other suggestions?

Here's his first demo video......Yes, I had fun with it....may as well, right? :smile:

I watched many youtube videos of Cookie in action and paused him and then opened a new window and did the same. I ended up with all the angles of cookie monster that I was looking for. I eyeballed a borsa/cookie monster body shape and left the head off. I cut his fingers to a point in hopes that I'd get some nice Cookie Monster type finger tips. I hand stitched it all and used hot glue on the mouth. I used 1" thick reticulated foam for the mouth and then wrapped him in blue fur from there.

The eyes are the old tried and true Christmas ornaments spray painted white with flat head pins through the pupils.

I did some light boiling to his fur and stopped when I was satisfied.

Here he is drying after the boiling. He dried really quickly beside the wood stove.

Me sooooo happy!

Last edited:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Aww, he looks (and sounds) like the real Cookie Monster!!:insatiable: Nicely done!! I also love how you added his googly eyes!

Lol, I laugh so hard every time I watch those scenes from Christmas Eve on SS!!

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Very well done! love it love it love it!
Thanks :smile: He was a fun build and it all came together well.

Nice Job, Did you build that ernie in the background also?
No, I didn't build that one but I'd one day like to attempt to.

Aww, he looks (and sounds) like the real Cookie Monster!!:insatiable: Nicely done!! I also love how you added his googly eyes!
Thanks! My Muppet voices are based on the 80's style voices. Now if I can just figure out how to silence those googly eyes!

Schfifty

Reaction score
Nice job! It looks very much like the real Cookie Monster. I think the right pupil could be slightly lower and inwards to match the other one, but for the most part, it looks fantastic. The voice is great as well! :insatiable:

Also, in the first picture, I see what looks like purple and pink fabric on top of a chair. Are those being used for puppets?

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Schfifty, post: 1128049, member: 20141"

Also, in the first picture, I see what looks like purple and pink fabric on top of a chair. Are those being used for puppets?[/QUOTE]

What you see are two mats that are made of long type fun fur stuff. I got them at the thrift store, I put them in the dryer on hot for 25mins (as you should with everything from the thrift shop, IMO). I then cut away the bottom liner so all I have left is material and threw them in the washer. I've now learned to wash fun fur in a pillow case...... :wink:

I will use them to make practice puppets. It was just a good price on material....they were $4 each. I've seen them new as mats at walmart. You'll see them one day here as a puppet.