Cookie Monster head pattern

Tbow17

Reaction score
Hey muppet world
I am planing to make a new light Blue Cookie Monster replica puppet. I have already posted a thread on the replica and somebody said to buy the borsa pattern but ignore the head patterns so I did buy the borsa pattern and made a non Cookie Monster puppet from it and the head looks nothing like cookie. If anyone has made a cookie replica and still has a head pattern that they used I would very much appreciate if I could borrow it. :smile::insatiable:

ashkent

Reaction score
I made a basic cookie for a test puppet to test some lighting and studio equipment, and i used the skull from one of the project puppet patterns. I can't remember which one it is called off the top of my head but you can start with a flat piece of foam and pretty much cut darts in it until you get something the shape of cookie's head. His head is more or less oval if you aren't wanting to be too exact. There are a few ways of getting it. You can even make up the head pattern found on google and cut off the jaw piece once it is made and that gives you a good start.

I think for any replica you can rarely find an exact pattern. You start with something similar and end up adapting it as you go.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Sounds good. I was just wondering if you ever got the help that you wanted. My cookie is near completion. I started with the mouth and built him up from there. I'm quite happy with him so far.

The Llama

Reaction score
I wonder if they still make Cookie with a deflated basketball for the mouth plate?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There really are not any replica patterns available anywhere. As Ashkent said, I think the people who make replica puppets as a hobby all develop their own patterns through trial and error.

The closest thing available are probably the McCall's puppet patterns that were produced in the 1980s. They pop up on ebay sometimes. For Cookie Monster there is also the Consumer Monster puppet pattern, which you could probably refine/adapt.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Yikes! I wouldn't bother tracking down a McCall's pattern....Good for something to do with the kids but not for a nice replica.

I made my own pattern for a cookie monster body. I'm going to hang on to it :wink:

VonCount

Reaction score
I'm still doing a work in progress, but from my test which i will use for a liner, i discovered that the consumer monster calls for two furry circles where I'd only need one for the top of the head plus the black circle for inside the mouth. trying to add a lower jaw didn't look right. i did use their advice to use an ice cream lid for the mouthplate and i drafted my own body.