The 'what movie did you last watch thread'

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Back to the future, such a great childhood classic with a banging soundtrack to boot.
I mentioned this the other day [SPOILERS if you haven't seen Back to the Future yet!]

You know what makes this scene work? So many directors/editors would have just given us a long, angsty close up of George wrestling with his conscience. But BTTF's creators knew you had to keep the camera mostly on Lorraine and Marty, so we can understand what's at stake, and share their point of view. They don't know whether George will save the day, and therefore neither do we the audience. THEN you cut to George, revealed as our hero, and we ALL breath a sigh of relief. An ideal example of the language of film right here.

Eyeball

Reaction score
That movie is very interesting and relatable.:smile:
It really was, they summed up all the stereotypes well.

I mentioned this the other day [SPOILERS if you haven't seen Back to the Future yet!]

You know what makes this scene work? So many directors/editors would have just given us a long, angsty close up of George wrestling with his conscience. But BTTF's creators knew you had to keep the camera mostly on Lorraine and Marty, so we can understand what's at stake, and share their point of view. They don't know whether George will save the day, and therefore neither do we the audience. THEN you cut to George, revealed as our hero, and we ALL breath a sigh of relief. An ideal example of the language of film right here.

I've always found this scene rather awry in the first place, you'd think after decking biff, the toughest guy in school that he'd just breeze past that scrawny ginger kid, I understand why they put the scene in there I just don't think it makes too much sense.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've always found this scene rather awry in the first place, you'd think after decking biff, the toughest guy in school that he'd just breeze past that scrawny ginger kid, I understand why they put the scene in there I just don't think it makes too much sense.
I get what you're saying, but George is still a pretty vulnerable guy. That's not going to be fixed with one act of heroism. In fact, all the attention he got for decking Biff probably made him even more uncomfortable in that moment. When the ginger kid cut in, George probably got all self doubty again, thinking Lorraine was grateful, but didn't really like him.

Eyeball

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but George is still a pretty vulnerable guy. That's not going to be fixed with one act of heroism. In fact, all the attention he got for decking Biff probably made him even more uncomfortable in that moment. When the ginger kid cut in, George probably getting all self doubty again, thinking Lorraine was grateful, but didn't really like him.
Hmmm I suppose that makes sense, his newfound courage might of had something to do with the spiked punch too XD