The Muppet Movement: 50 States 50 calls to Disney

Duke Remington

Reaction score
In some way I agree with both of you.....I still believe in the movement, but it really has not gone anywhere. I'm kind of at the point right now where I step back and look at what we have done, and evaluate and figure out a better solution.
I think that if Disney where to come out and say the reasons for the delay or if they are planning on doing anything then fans would be able to react a lot differently. If it was for music right alone, then I'm sure if we started a kick starter, or something we could help make that a reality. However I think there is more to it then just the music rights. there not releasing these for some unknown reason, and I personally think that is what bugs fans the most.
As for people who have connections with Disney, and Muppet Studios from interviews and things that I have read they avoid talking about the Muppet Show seasons, and I honestly have no idea why.
As for me starting a relationship with the high up's with the Muppets, I would love to, and I would love to be able to bring reviews, and interviews, and stories to fans from inside, but sadly with the exception of Ryan Dozer, I have lost touch with all my old contacts such as Jim Lewis, and Greg James, and it has been very challenging to go beyond them since I don't know anyone else.
And it's still just as frustrating that Ryan Dosier is too chicken to ask his Muppets Studio sources for updates on the releases and to give us official reasons as to why they've been delayed for so long. It seems he hasn't asked them for so long and I wish he would stop with the usual rhetoric of shouting "Release the sets already, Disney" like all the other fans and sites do and just ask them since he has the contacts and to truly remain in touch with them. It's the only way.

I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything. I'm just sharing how I feel, that's all.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Also, I think we should try to get D23 to do another Muppet presentation hosted by Lylle Brier at their next Expo just like the one they did in 2009, so they can give us updates on all of their broken promises, including releasing TMS Season 4 in 2010, and to apologize for the delays and reassure everyone that all of the announced things are still in development and on the way.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
And it's still just as frustrating that Ryan Dosier is too chicken to ask his Muppets Studio sources for updates on the releases and to give us official reasons as to why they've been delayed for so long. It seems he hasn't asked them for so long and I wish he would stop with the usual rhetoric of shouting "Release the sets already, Disney" like all the other fans and sites do and just ask them since he has the contacts and to truly remain in touch with them. It's the only way.

I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything. I'm just sharing how I feel, that's all.
I'm going to send you a PM on that one.......

Also, I think we should try to get D23 to do another Muppet presentation hosted by Lylle Brier at their next Expo just like the one they did in 2009, so they can give us updates on all of their broken promises, including releasing TMS Season 4 in 2010, and to apologize for the delays and reassure everyone that all of the announced things are still in development and on the way.
Trying to get Disney to do anything is a lot harder then it sounds. The reason they would do anything at a D23 is if they would have a lot of things to promote. I'm still thinking that even after two movies Disney is still trying to figure out what direction they want to take the Muppets in. For us fans the direction is clear, get the Muppets back on TV in Prime-Time, and release all of there old material that Disney owns. However getting that done is easier said then done.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
If no one wants to say why there is a delay, then it may be a private matter, we may have no control over it, maybe even Disney has no control over it, the thing that I hate is Disney will not let the public be aware of the reasons.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Would it not be kind of funny, and sad if Disney only owned seasons 1-3 and the other two seasons where trapped in some legal mess,

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Would it not be kind of funny, and sad if Disney only owned seasons 1-3 and the other two seasons where trapped in some legal mess,
That would be pretty amusing, I mean no offense, but while I love season 4 and 5 of TMS, I feel that there was a slight quality dip, nothing too big, but if I were to choose I would watch season 2 and 3 over those two, season 1 is a different matter, but let me just say that I love every season, but I think that the strongest were the second and the third ones.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That's exactly what the problem is, except the legal mess is the music. Disney doesn't want to release a butchered version of the season that the fans will hate, so they have to work around the musical legal problems.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
That's exactly what the problem is, except the legal mess is the music. Disney doesn't want to release a butchered version of the season that the fans will hate, so they have to work around the musical legal problems.
Is it that big of a deal if a few songs are not intact, I mean as long as the sketches, backstage stuff, and the guest star moments are in the episode, then it is not that big of a deal, unless there are way too many songs they are not allowed to use, then they should just release the episodes that can be uncut on a DVD of five episodes, that would probably sell greatly.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I seriously think it's more then just song rights though. I mean I could understand if it where like a major part of the episode or something, but there has to be more to it.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Is it that big of a deal if a few songs are not intact, I mean as long as the sketches, backstage stuff, and the guest star moments are in the episode, then it is not that big of a deal, unless there are way too many songs they are not allowed to use, then they should just release the episodes that can be uncut on a DVD of five episodes, that would probably sell greatly.
It would probably mean chopping down like, half of the season, and it would be horribly butchered. It's not something you would want.

I seriously think it's more then just song rights though. I mean I could understand if it where like a major part of the episode or something, but there has to be more to it.
I'm pretty sure it's just music rights. For a while I had this theory that George Lucas was holding it up bec of the Star Wars episode, but now that Disney owns Star Wars, that theory goes out the window. Still sure it's just music rights