TV Alert: Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else kinda annoyed by the fact the floats were all obtuse advertisements? They usually are, but this time most of everything was a stretch to say the least. That Lindt puppeteer one was kinda... probably less horrifying and more whimsical as a concept sketch. At least we didn't have to suffer the Zhuzhu pets again this year. I'm mixed on the Pirate booty on. It's when they do the more and more obscure advertising mascots when it's a slippery slope back to an "Ask Jeeves" balloon. That was the lowest point in any Macy's parade I've ever seen. The mascot of the worst search engine ever like a year after it was relevant, and then only barely.

Though I seriously wanted the Paddington the Movie balloon to have snagged on something and torn.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, why did her voice sound different there? That was still Carmen, hopefully. Again, not trying to be paranoid about this, but I'm just curious. Maybe her Mexican accent just didn't work for the song they were singing or something like that.
Trust me, it's still Carmen. Could you please stop jumping to conclusions like that?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Also, with Billy Barkhurst performing Ernie's voice on the float too, can we officially name him the new performer?
I'd want to think so. Considering that Ernie is (or should I say was) the only character that Steve had for the show, I think it's fair to assume that Billy will officially be the new performer.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I'd want to think so. Considering that Ernie is (or should I say was) the only character that Steve had for the show, I think it's fair to assume that Billy will officially be the new performer.
Yeah. I wonder about that too since Dave and Eric still work on both SS and for the Muppets, but they sort of have multiple characters on SS, so they're kind of needed. I'll miss Steve as Ernie, but I think they made the right decision if that's what they need to do to keep the character going.