Audrey II Final Product

PennyDreadful

Reaction score
I built a set of Audrey II puppets for a production of Little Shop over the summer (which I also directed). I figured I'd share the final product here. The 4th puppet has the ability to stand up and "grow" for the scenes after Suppertime, and so is bigger then, but I haven't had a chance to upload any of those videos yet.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Those puppets look amazing. I'd like to see more videos!

In the first video, it looks like the puppeteer is sitting crunched up, with his arms in the jaws, legs hooked over the rim of the pot in the vines, head bent forward in the stem. It seems uncomfortable. Am I misreading it? (I don't mean to criticize; I'm trying to figure out how it works.)

ashkent

Reaction score
Those puppets look amazing. I'd like to see more videos!

In the first video, it looks like the puppeteer is sitting crunched up, with his arms in the jaws, legs hooked over the rim of the pot in the vines, head bent forward in the stem. It seems uncomfortable. Am I misreading it? (I don't mean to criticize; I'm trying to figure out how it works.)
I'm thinking you're spot on. I've seen the puppet from the broadway show a few years back and that was how the stage two puppet worked.

It makes me think of the Frank Oz quote that went something like "When you perform you're always hunched over, or stuck in a small box that's meat to be a sofa. If you're comfortable, then you're not doing it right." :smile: