Mike Tyson gets ironic Adult Swim show

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else find Mike's "fight or flight" response when he races to save his daughter uncomfortably hilarious, especially when he punches out an old lady along the way?
Yeah, but I'd find it much funnier if they didn't use it in the trailers so much. But gut busting none the less. Mike seems to have a good sense of humor being portrayed as a crazy idiot, and bless him for that. It's not just anyone who would allow something like that. I'm happy he's happy with his Adam Westing on this show. Makes it all the more fun. It's no Rick and Morty, but it's become a favorite adult swim series of mine so far.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was wrong. They did go there when it came to making jokes about Evander Holifield getting bit. Mike even delivered the line. It's great to know he has a sense of humor about this show. That's what makes it so good.

mr3urious

Reaction score
In the recent episode, I like how they made a joke about how assimilated into human life Marquess is in that he can barely fly more than a few inches off the ground. And how Tyson is depicted as ripped and in-shape as he was in the '80s even though we know that's not the case now much like Adam Sandler's character in Eight Crazy Nights, although it's more plausible with the former as he's not an alcoholic slob.

Oh, and lets not forget how Tyson KO'd Satan himself to save Yung Hee when those exterminators were really fumigating their house for devil worship. Plus, we got to see Yung get naked at the very end after Marquess stripped down earlier to balance it all out. :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That episode was one of my favorites in the series. Mike getting protective of his adoptive daughter, and fighting the heck out of the Satanists. That was a great action moment the show kinda needed to see a tiny bit more of.

Though, they did advertise a completely different episode about Atlantis. I hope this wasn't pulled. Looks like it could have been offensive to Greeks, but not much more so than last night's Simpsons (that is to say, not really that much), so someone probably complained or something?