Most Obnoxious Fandoms

Harleena

Reaction score
…The way PETA uses women in their imagery is beyond…just beyond! :mad:
I agree. PETA's logic: Animal abuse? Bad. Girlfriend abuse? A-ok! (No, literally, look up "Boyfriend Went Vegan".

They are more of a political group than a fandom.
I said that already!

PETA is really dumb. Although I did get a good laugh out of those Pokemon games.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh I didn't know this. So you weren't supposed to slaughter aryan cows or something? :insatiable:
Yeah. it's...it's weird. There's a Trope for that. Usually anti-Vegans will use that "Hitler was a vegetarian" bit to discredit them. It's just strange that an organization that values animal life over human ones use such a dumb comparison and unironically.

But yeah. The thing about Ben and Jerry's is also true. Once you hear that, you realize how easy ignoring them can be.

Back to fanbases, though... I figured out as much as I want to know about Five Nights at Freddies, and now I can see why the furry pictures of them are disgusting. But I also did manage to get one idea I was kicking around, and I'll link to it if anyone's curious. It's not the main thing I wanted to do, but that'll come later.

Harleena

Reaction score
Oh. Is it five night's at fozzies? I've seen a few of those. Just…not enough.

Harleena

Reaction score
P.S. @Drtooth I liked the Attack on Teen Titans picture! Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go are awesome!

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Not exactly a fandom, but I think that the not-so-lovely people at PETA deserve a mention. I don't hate vegans or anyone who supports animal rights. I'm against animal testing for stupid things like make-up (the cure for AIDS, however, is a different story), and I try to go green as often as possible. But does PETA really need to protest against Pokemon? Or steal people's pets and then kill them? Or dress up in racist costumes at a dog show? Or compare chickens to Jews in concentration camps? Or get mad at people for killing flies? Or objectify women by posing them naked with lettuce? OR KILL PEOPLE'S PETS?!
PETA sucks. They're just frivolous, cling onto anything relevant at the moment just to be mentioned in the media, have numerous fat shaming campaigns (this fat vegan chick is not amused) and as you say, kill healthy companion animals (aside from killing that poor dog who actually DID have a family, they trap and kill healthy feral cats. Feral cats are fine without human intervention; they find shelter, they find food (rodents and birds), they don't need human companionship the thrive. Anyone who wants to hear a semi-interesting story about my experience with a feral cat, please PM me). Even more insulting is that people think all vegans are with PETA, or call PETA "radical animal rights activists" (being vegan and passionate about animal liberation causes myself, this offends me; anyone who thinks PETA is radical and not just a dopey PR group ought to read some serious AR blogs). The history of animal rights and veganism way predates PETA. Sad to say, as a wide-eyed 20-year-old, I looked up to them. Seven years has made me not more cynical, but definitely wiser and more realistic about groups like that.

Slackbot

Reaction score
How is PETA a fandom? They're a group with a political mission and precious little sense. They don't rally around something they love, they act against those they declare to be the enemy.

As for FNAF, here's something I doodled a few weeks ago...

Drtooth

Reaction score
PETA sucks. They're just frivolous, cling onto anything relevant at the moment just to be mentioned in the media, have numerous fat shaming campaigns (this fat vegan chick is not amused) and as you say, kill healthy companion animals (aside from killing that poor dog who actually DID have a family, they trap and kill healthy feral cats. Feral cats are fine without human intervention; they find shelter, they find food (rodents and birds), they don't need human companionship the thrive.
There are good, reasonable, non-hypocritical groups out there, but like most extremists they make the most noise and ruin it for everyone else.

Like we've said though, it's more of a political group than a fandom.

And for the record, I'm not going "Five Nights at Fozzie's," that's too obvious.

What bugs me about any fandom is when they come up with completely out of place OC's, then submit human/anime versions of the characters - and by "anime" I mean looking exactly like what a fifty year old that saw a picture of that green haired Vocaloid chick on someone's t-shirt... I mean, for the love of Pete, someone do something in Fujio Akatsuka style for once. Well, they have these OC's drawn completely not resembling the thing they were associated with and fill up DA groups with it so you get hundreds of not the series you're looking for with characters that had little to do with the series to begin with except for the fact they were initially drawn to look like it. And since they no longer are, what's the point?

That's why I left an Ed, Edd, n' Eddy group. The artwork worshiping the nasty brother of Eddy's from the movie was okay (disturbing, though), but then I kept seeing anime style vampire hunters who are so far removed from what EEE is all about, and it looked like they were just accepting submissions of random non-EEE things. Now, there are great OC's and fan fics and fan arts out there... but vampire hunters in EEE make about as much sense as a non-ironic, dark and brooding bounty hunter in a Homestar runner cartoon.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
JELSA! (Jack FrostxElsa) I'm sorry, it's not the pairing itslef it's just they're too different. Jack is enternally 18, dead, and reckless. Elsa's 21 and can age, alive, and nervous. Not to mention that Disney made a gusty move NOT giving Elsa a love interest! The only other time they did that was Quasimodo.
Random Disney fans:Hunchback II?
Me:I deny the existence of that movie.