TMS Not For Kids Episodes

FraggleLover130

Reaction score
Raquel Welch, definitely... Also Alice Cooper. Oh goodness, I watched that with my little bro and cringed

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The only part of the Raquel Welch episode that's really risque is her little "moment" with Fozzie. :embarrassed: Now, maybe the dialogue isn't what you want kids repeating in the school yard, lol, but I'd still show it to my kids. Kids observe adults holding and kissing all the time.

As a kid, I definitely would have been more distrubed by the mimes, lol.

Oh btw, I saw an ad for Mummenschanz the other day at my local theater. Nice to know they're still around!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
In the Bob Hope episode, Bob Hope mentions a hangover, though it would probably go over a kid's head as a random remark.

jobi71

Reaction score
I guess it would depend a bit on what you wanted to shield the kids from. For me I know that the Marissa Berensen song freaked me out as a child. (By the way I'm old enough to have seen the original broadcasts as a youngin'). I know some have mentioned the Liza Minnelli episode - and it was a bit upsetting to see Muppet characters "die" but they did a good job of presenting it as a show within the show and with some funny bits by Gonzo, so I knew no character was really in jeopardy. I remember being a bit unnerved by Alice Cooper, but that was more due to the fact that Kermit and the others kept saying he was scarry or what have you vs. anything that happened in the show per se. Raquel Welch was known for being a sexy singer and actress, but I don't recall anything in her episode that would be too much. Fozzie is tongue-tied with a beautiful lady. I always read it that way. Muppet Master mentioned Bob Hope's hangover - how about Sandy Duncan's splurge at the bar in her big production number? As a kid I just assumed the lyrics were about a lady who ended up in a place - not even a bar - populated with monsters. And that in the end she bested them. So to make a long story short (too late!) I don't think there is any segment I would block across the board. You need to know your child and what may or may not upset them (i.e. some kids are afraid of loud noises - so Crazy Harry's number with Jean Stapleton may upset them).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I guess it would depend a bit on what you wanted to shield the kids from. For me I know that the Marissa Berensen song freaked me out as a child. (By the way I'm old enough to have seen the original broadcasts as a youngin'). I know some have mentioned the Liza Minnelli episode - and it was a bit upsetting to see Muppet characters "die" but they did a good job of presenting it as a show within the show and with some funny bits by Gonzo, so I knew no character was really in jeopardy. I remember being a bit unnerved by Alice Cooper, but that was more due to the fact that Kermit and the others kept saying he was scarry or what have you vs. anything that happened in the show per se. Raquel Welch was known for being a sexy singer and actress, but I don't recall anything in her episode that would be too much. Fozzie is tongue-tied with a beautiful lady. I always read it that way. Muppet Master mentioned Bob Hope's hangover - how about Sandy Duncan's splurge at the bar in her big production number? As a kid I just assumed the lyrics were about a lady who ended up in a place - not even a bar - populated with monsters. And that in the end she bested them. So to make a long story short (too late!) I don't think there is any segment I would block across the board. You need to know your child and what may or may not upset them (i.e. some kids are afraid of loud noises - so Crazy Harry's number with Jean Stapleton may upset them).
If the kid is upset over violence then they should not even watch TMS in the first place.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Thread bump. Yesterday this song popped into my head, and it reminded me of this thread. Showing this particular clip to little kids is an absolute no-no for obvious reasons!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
In the John Cleese episode, when the Koozebanian is drank by another one, Kermit says for the first time a Koozebanian has been drunk on live TV, obvious drinking reference in that sketch.