Most Obnoxious Fandoms

Harleena

Reaction score
I just realized something…does this fandom have a name? I mean, Doctor Who fans are called Whovians, Hetalia fans are called Hetalians, Sailor Moon fans are called Moonies, My Little Pony fans are called Bronies or Pegasisters (Shrek fans are Brogres, and I think male fans of Frozen are called Brozen), PewdiePie fans are called Bros, Smosh fans are called Smoshers, Kuroshitsuji/Black Butler fans are called Kuroshitheads (okay, not really)…but what are Muppet fans called? Or Teen Titans fans, for that matter?

Harleena

Reaction score
I sometimes call the Teen Titans fandom "Honorary Titans", but it doesn't really fit.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Muppet fans are unofficially called Muppet Freaks; it's unofficial, because it's what older, long-time fans started calling themselves, but newer and younger fans who aren't aware of this feel insulted to be refered to as a "freak" without realizing it's just a fan name, and in these cases, the word "freak" isn't meant to be an insult, but "freak" is a synonym for "fan."

Harleena

Reaction score
Not exactly a fandom, but I think that the not-so-lovely people at PETA deserve a mention. I don't hate vegans or anyone who supports animal rights. I'm against animal testing for stupid things like make-up (the cure for AIDS, however, is a different story), and I try to go green as often as possible. But does PETA really need to protest against Pokemon? Or steal people's pets and then kill them? Or dress up in racist costumes at a dog show? Or compare chickens to Jews in concentration camps? Or get mad at people for killing flies? Or objectify women by posing them naked with lettuce? OR KILL PEOPLE'S PETS?!

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Believe it or not, Nina Needs to Go, the worst Disney Junior show of all time, has one on 4Chan! They ship Nina with random characters such as Him from The Powerpuff Girls and Barney the Dinosaur. They also made a fanfiction where Nina meets Willy Wonka which was a copy of the first episode of the show and one about Pythagoras and Nina in Emerald City (at least that was original!), and someone's working on an omorashi manga featuring Nina called "Nina's High School Days". Oh, and did I mention they make PARODIES of the show where a characters from animated shows with PBS ties play Nina's part and Nana is a character from The Wizard of Oz? These include Caillou Needs To Go, Pinkey (from Magic Adventures of Mumfie) and Abby Cadabby Needs To Go. In those versions, Nana was The Scarecrow, Glinda and The Wizard Of Oz, respectively. Their ideas make me long for the days of Playhouse Disney...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Eh... so this isn't ironic "so bad it's good" fandom? This sounds like scratchpad wiki garbage to me. Shame. I've seen a couple of these before and they're just incredibly stupid. But the special kind of incredibly stupid that it's almost fun to watch. I mean, the message for the whole show is some kid that's incontinent? The only fan fic I'd see is some sort of parody of the Seinfeld episode where they can't find the bathroom at the mall and Jerry gets in trouble for public urination. I mean, seriously... it's dumb. But it's just an interstitial. I've seen worse abominations of preschool programs out there.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The only fan fic I'd see is some sort of parody of the Seinfeld episode where they can't find the bathroom at the mall and Jerry gets in trouble for public urination.
Hey, uromysitisis is no laughing matter. :attitude:

Drtooth

Reaction score
While I certainly don't want to lump the entire Regular Show fandom here (as I am one), I just do not get the faction of the group that hates Benson so much without the context of him being a boss and therefore automatically antagonistic in certain situations, and the fact that without those antagonistic moments, the show would be boring. And you know they've like stopped watching after the first season, where character development made the character more sympathetic, caring, and sometimes in the right completely.

Bottom line, a show without an antagonist, unless done in such a certain way that it doesn't need one, isn't worth watching.