Terrible Rumor: Muppet*Vision 3D to close in DisneyLand California

jvcarroll

Reaction score
This is different though. Frozen is taking over for the next couple of months at least, but this is more than a sneak-peek at something. Knowing how Disney shoves Frozen down our throats, this will likely stay.

Disneyland.com confirms the closure. The best we can hope for is that it's not permanent.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/attractions/disney-california-adventure/muppet-vision-3d/
I assure you Disney wouldn't promote a property that consumers didn't want to see. There is no shoving going on. Just brilliant marketing and capitalism at play here and they'll do the same for Big Hero 6 soon and Age of Ultron next year. :wink:

The official announcement was that this attraction was to be a temporary holiday measure. They could change their minds, but stating anything to the contrary is complete conjecture.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
RIP

http://www.toughpigs.com/mvision-closed-for-real/

The thing is, they said that the muppet props have been removed...wouldn't they have been removed either way because this is "temporarily" a Frozen attraction? I mean, just because props are being taken down, doesn't mean the entire attraction is gone for good...does it?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
People, chill! The Frozen stageshow is temporary, exactly that, temporary. MV3D will return next year when Disney has moved on to another darling little cash cow franchise they can pump for all the moneys they can squeeze out of it. To me, this seasonal repurposing is no less different than when DLR brings in the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion Holidays overlay each year. Besides, the MV3D in Orlando is still open for business year-round.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't really know what to make of it. It sounds likely, but the skating rink info is right out of left field. It sounds so ridiculous and very un-Disneyland like.

Anyway, I have a source who informed me that the show is returning after the holidays, so you never know who to believe these days.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
People, chill! The Frozen stageshow is temporary, exactly that, temporary. MV3D will return next year when Disney has moved on to another darling little cash cow franchise they can pump for all the moneys they can squeeze out of it. To me, this seasonal repurposing is no less different than when DLR brings in the Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion Holidays overlay each year. Besides, the MV3D in Orlando is still open for business year-round.
Agreed. Also one disney cast member doesn't mean it's true if anything it's a lie if I heard it from Disneyland itself yes I would believe it but one cast member nah. As The Count said Frozen is there cash cow they would do anything to make money from it and I don't blame them for doing this it's brilliant in a marketing aspect but will they replace Muppet Vision will it all year round no. Remember backlot tour just closed I sense a Permanent Frozen will be put there. Even the part about the ice rink sounds silly especially if it's all year round. I sense we will see the return of Muppet Vision sometime in March we should worry so much at a rumor.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
It is sad to think that we could have had Gonzo's Pizza Place, and many more attractions at Disneyland, and temporarely Disneyland has not one muppet attraction.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It is sad to think that we could have had Gonzo's Pizza Place, and many more attractions at Disneyland, and temporarely Disneyland has not one muppet attraction.
I know. It's pretty sad. Eisner was crazy about getting out as much Muppets as possible, and it all would have happened if not for Jim's untimely death.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I know. It's pretty sad. Eisner was crazy about getting out as much Muppets as possible, and it all would have happened if not for Jim's untimely death.
Yeah...and the 2011 movie and MMW grasped a whole new generation of fans.:sympathy:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just wanted to make something clear: The fact that MV3D could be potentially closing does not mean death to the franchise. I'm sure more things are on the way. MV3D was never popular in Disneyland, and it never really fit..with 25 attractions, there are so many other attractions people would ride. It's still relatively popular at DHS, and for the sake of the attraction and the franchise at large, I think it desperately needs an update.