"Peanuts" movie in development for November 2015 release

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
This movie looks like something that I could see in the movie theaters. I do like Charlie Brown and Peanuts, and this movie looks good!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hmmm... I don't think this movie will be terrible, but having it in theaters, that is another ball game.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm also on the fence with the film. After watching the teaser, I like how even though it's CG they're making it more like the Charlie Brown look which is good, and second the voice actor behind Charlie Brown is the best I've heard in a long while, and is Snoopy's voice dubbed, because if it isn't then kudos to that voice actor too, BUT there could be many things that go wrong, the story, character portrayal etc.

We're talking about a franchise owned by a very protective family. They only recently licensed out new comic book stories of the characters (after having to make TV specials out of cobbled together comic strips), and they're very high quality. They must be under heavy scrutiny from the Peanuts estate, so there's no doubt the movie has an even sharper eye on this one.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Wow, it's looking great! It's like a lost Peanuts claymation special! :smile:

I've noticed that more and more CGI movies in recent years have been incorporating hand-drawn styles and techniques, including this one. It's clear that many computer animators want 2D animation to return to full force in theaters, and hand-drawnified CGI is the next best thing. :smile:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Aww I will definitely see this in the theater once it comes out!! It's amazing to see that Blue Sky has brought back the nostalgic feel of the Peanuts gang.

Those stills from the film have gotten me even more excited about it!! Hm..I wonder what they're up to in that wintry scene?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Those stills do look very good, the animation style looks excellent. Can't wait to hear more about the story and see a full trailer.