Questions about anything

Schfifty

Reaction score
I've been wondering about this for a long time:

You know how on YouTube, there's different videos of songs from feature films ("Step in Time" and "Singin' in the Rain", for example), but when you play the video, the pitch is altered? Why is that?

charlietheowl

Reaction score

You know how on YouTube, there's different videos of songs from feature films ("Step in Time" and "Singin' in the Rain", for example), but when you play the video, the pitch is altered? Why is that?
I think that's a way to get things past some of the copyright bots that take things down (at least that's what I've seen in some comments, not sure how true it is).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And if it's not copyright, there's the possibility you're listening to a PAL recording, as movies are projected at a different frame rate in other regions outside of North America and other territories: in North America and some regions, film is projected at 24 frames per second, while in other territories, such as Europe and Australia, it's 25 fps, which so they play 4% faster, which is why if you watch movies or filmed shows in other countries, they sound a little sped up as opposed to in North America. Try watching any clip from any Disney movie on YT, more than likely, they'll sound sped up because they're a PAL recording (especially, if the title of the video has "English" in paranthesis).

But yeah, they'll try any which way to beat copyright: changing the speed, mirroring the image, inverting the colors... and they never work. :stick_out_tongue:

WalterLinz

Reaction score
But yeah, they'll try any which way to beat copyright: changing the speed, mirroring the image, inverting the colors... and they never work. :stick_out_tongue:
Once when I was on YouTube I have seen many SpongeBob videos of several episodes where the title tricks you into thinking it's just a full-length episode at normal speed. But when I clicked on a few of them, I have noticed that they were all sped up.:stick_out_tongue: Same with a few Jimmy Neutron videos I have checked recently.:stick_out_tongue:

Last edited:

Harleena

Reaction score

That's thanks to a sucky little thing called copyright law. My friend got a video removed for using "Me Party" in it…she changed the pitch and reposted it, and now it's fine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay... how is Bill Cosby supposedly raping girls back in the 80s somehow Obama's fault today?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As if poor Bill ain't got enough on his mind. Every few years somebody posts his obituary online as a hoax. Just this month he kicked the bucket again.

Let the guy eat his pudding in peace!

Last edited:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Obama being blamed for Bill Cosby allegedly raping that woman in the '80s is the definition of "Insane Troll Logic."