The Furchester Hotel will be on Youtube November 14, 2014

Drtooth

Reaction score
No crappy pirate sites for us! Officially supporting the show? OH YEAH!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It doesn't. Even if it did, it's youtube and there's no shortage of Sesame Street classic segments on their already.

The series is immensely enjoyable, and better than most American produced segments. I almost wish they'd absorb it into the American series, but there's too much of it that's distinctly British.

But let's thank SW for deciding to share this series with us instead of making us look in less than reputable places to actually see any of it. It's great to see Louise Gold play a major Muppet character again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
John Oliver and Cookie Monster remind you to watch The Furchester Hotel, and are separated by a common language

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
But is it better than Too Many Cookies, the :insatiable: inspired parody on toughpigs?

Little t, that's exactly the kind of joke I'd expect from SW. And while I do like t, I prefer x, especially with bacon or sausages.

mr3urious

Reaction score
This is a nice little series. The hotel setting allows for a lot of colorful characters to interact. Elmo also doesn't come off as annoying and plays off the other characters nicely, which is what he's best at.

And I love how quickly both episodes flew by. I credit the lack of Dora-like fake interactivity for that. :smile:

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The thing is... I feel like someone wanted to reboot the Furry Arms Hotel but give it a Faulty Towers Britishness at the same time.

So either Louie or Mae are brother and sister to either Fergus or Penelope.
Was that the Two-Headed Monster that pops up whenever the gong sounds for monster teatime? And maybe it's just me, but when that gong rang I expected a tall Muppet monster to show up saying "Yooou raang?" in a deep gravely voice.

In the third episode, I kind of feel there was a missed opportunity not using the song "Talk To The Animals". Also expected them to use the line "What we have here is a failure to communicate".

**Wonders if :super: gave :insatiable: tips on how to work as a waiter before :insatiable: was hired at the Furchesters.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The thing is... I feel like someone wanted to reboot the Furry Arms Hotel but give it a Faulty Towers Britishness at the same time.

So either Louie or Mae are brother and sister to either Fergus or Penelope.
Was that the Two-Headed Monster that pops up whenever the gong sounds for monster teatime? And maybe it's just me, but when that gong rang I expected a tall Muppet monster to show up saying "Yooou raang?" in a deep gravely voice.
From some article I read, it claimed Elmo's dad lived in London until he moved to America. Funella is his sister, apparently. But none of this seems to be explained in the show at all. And it's not the Two-Headed Monster; it's a group of 5 monsters (one of which is just the Narf puppet).

I kind of wish the series were...funnier. The Furry Arms had so many good jokes and gags. For example:

Humphrey: So, do you have any luggage?
Sheep Guest: Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full.

That's a clever, good joke and I wish the Furchester had more of those kinds of moments, especially considering they have virtually their whole stock character library with them.