The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's telling when not even RoseArt, which makes really crappy crayons, wanted to partner with them.
I don't know if Rose Art is still around or if Crazy Art is a rebrand or whatever... but something tells me this film was only made to promote a tenth party crayon company anyway.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
It's telling when not even RoseArt, which makes really crappy crayons, wanted to partner with them.
I went back to a different Toys R Us looking for the same Equestria Girls toy and found the same Color City display. And I looked at the packaging of one of the products and it said "Coming soon to a theater near you!" which meant that this was supposed to be a wide release like Oz was.
In case anyone wants to know, Color City wound up making $32,188 in ticket sales. That's $466 dollars per theater. Compare that to Last Flight of the Champion, which made only $2,597 total, which was $173 dollars a theater.

Luke kun

Reaction score
I went back to a different Toys R Us looking for the same Equestria Girls toy and found the same Color City display. And I looked at the packaging of one of the products and it said "Coming soon to a theater near you!" which meant that this was supposed to be a wide release like Oz was.
In case anyone wants to know, Color City wound up making $32,188 in ticket sales. That's $466 dollars per theater. Compare that to Last Flight of the Champion, which made only $2,597 total, which was $173 dollars a theater.
The Hero of Crappy CGI.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still wonder where the heck that stupid thing actually premiered. I have to admit, I'm disappointed the reviews weren't bad enough! There is no way that it should have reviews more favorable than a Transformers movie where, at the very very least, the CGI is actually some of the best. A lot of love goes into those robots...just not the rest of the movie.

Flight of the Champion, on the other hand, we know only made it to a couple Texas theaters.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I still wonder where the heck that stupid thing actually premiered. I have to admit, I'm disappointed the reviews weren't bad enough! There is no way that it should have reviews more favorable than a Transformers movie where, at the very very least, the CGI is actually some of the best. A lot of love goes into those robots...just not the rest of the movie.
They must be using the old "it's for kids" excuse.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They must be using the old "it's for kids" excuse.
One I read was essentially we know it's for 5 year olds, but even then it's dreary. The IMDB one clearly has been sock puppeted by the company. I just don't think it deserves anything as high as 27% on RT at that. Especially since the film is a ripoff of Foodfight. No, not Toy Story. That was handled much more subtle. The whole "When the X is alseep, Y becomes a magic city" bit.

When you feel the need to copy Foodfight, you know you've failed as an animation company. Even then, Foodfight had more potential and (ulp) a better story concept. This is... I don't know what it is. It could have been a meh preschool TV series at best.

Luke kun

Reaction score
On my trip to Texas, I did see the Last Flight of 1980's CGI. I must've blocked it out somehow and so I decided to watch it on iTunes. Good point there now that you've mentioned it, Drtooth.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
And now, I present to you, a movie about Animal Crackers, coming to your theaters sometime in the summer of 2016. I'm eager to see when someone makes a movie about dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets coming to life.

RIP the film industry, 1898-2016.
The plot actually sounds interesting, and not crappy. Sort of sounds like the Animorphs. The animation also looks okay...but this next thing, which Amazon suggested to me for liking Magic Adventures of Mumfie, is much worse. Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you...Dragon's Rock:

God does that CGI look horrible and creepy. I bet I could do better CGI in 5 minutes, if I were able to do so.