HEH! Work It's been Canceled!

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Two Nicktoons, Fairy Odd Parents and Dora the Explorer, are getting cancelled next year, as well as Disney's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The latter two may make some people happy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have no idea about this actually being based on fact, but I feel like contestants on that show probably gain a lot of weight back after they leave the show. You're essentially on a crash diet, with highly specialized and intense workouts a lot of the time. I doubt it gives you the skills needed to manage your weight when you're back in the real world and have to balance things with jobs and shopping for your own food.
WHABAMM! Cracked has all the gory details.

Two Nicktoons, Fairy Odd Parents and Dora the Explorer, are getting cancelled next year, as well as Disney's Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. The latter two may make some people happy.
Wasn't Dora and Mickey's Clubhouse already over? Kind of surprised about FOP. Then again, the show really was showing signs of major fatigue. I get Timmy's Dad being a complete idiot, but Crocker?!? The last batch of episodes was also extremely repetitive. Then, of course, that weird live action movie thing where they pretty much ended the series on an weird note. All and All, I shouldn't be surprised, since Nick's still kinda..well... nasty to their cartoons because they're not the awful live action sitcoms (we really needed a show about quadruplets that don't even look related, let alone born at the same time?).

mr3urious

Reaction score
Wasn't Dora and Mickey's Clubhouse already over? Kind of surprised about FOP. Then again, the show really was showing signs of major fatigue. I get Timmy's Dad being a complete idiot, but Crocker?!? The last batch of episodes was also extremely repetitive. Then, of course, that weird live action movie thing where they pretty much ended the series on an weird note. All and All, I shouldn't be surprised, since Nick's still kinda..well... nasty to their cartoons because they're not the awful live action sitcoms (we really needed a show about quadruplets that don't even look related, let alone born at the same time?).
Something tells me that new preteen Dora show eliminates the whole asking questions to the viewers bit. If so, that makes it a vast improvement in my eyes.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I really didn't see either going anywhere, frankly. It's NBC. Somehow, no one watches them anymore, but they care enough to cancel things. Parks and Rec has a cult audience, meaning people actually watch it. That's essentially all they got as far as comedy goes. A to Z looked crummy anyway. Another lame romantic sitcom.

But, hey. Glad to know Americans are still falling for "Let's make fun of fat people and disguise it as inspirational." Something that truly awful needs to be preserved for all time.
They should have never cancelled Community. Sure, the ratings weren't amazing, but it had a real dedicated fanbase built in. The only big comedy they have these days is Parks and Rec, which is ending this year.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something tells me that new preteen Dora show eliminates the whole asking questions to the viewers bit. If so, that makes it a vast improvement in my eyes.
Somehow I doubt they've completely gotten rid of that. I didn't actually see it, but the preteen thing didn't change squat, as it's for the same exact audience.
They should have never cancelled Community. Sure, the ratings weren't amazing, but it had a real dedicated fanbase built in. The only big comedy they have these days is Parks and Rec, which is ending this year.
They did it only as a screw you to Harmon. There is no other reason.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
That was a pretty bad move, now NBC is not really known for sitcoms except Parks and Recreation. I mean look at all the popular sitcoms other networks have.

ABC - Modern Family, The Middle
CBS - The Big Bang Theory
FOX - The Simpsons, Family Guy

Ironic that the channle that used to air Seinfeld and Cheers is so low in the sitcom department nowadays.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They did it only as a screw you to Harmon. There is no other reason.
Ha, well all they did was screw themselves. Community moved onto a company that actually cares about it, so it was all for the better for the fans anyway. All NBC did was kick it to half-seasons and shorten the episode run.