Autism

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I have Asperger's which is a high-functioning form of autism, so you're not alone my friend!

theSHE124

Reaction score
Same here, guys! I was diagnosed with a mild autism back in the 1st grade, but I never even heard of it until I got into high school. Now that was a highly unexpected surprise! I thought I was just normal throughout my childhood, and revelations like that can make you question the meaning of life...:confused:

But I'm not really bad. I'm actually better at memorizing stuff, especially Film and TV. I know, sounds crazy, but that just means I can relate to our Muppet friends. :smile: I first took classes in a special-needs day care instead of a usual preschool; no one was ever ashamed or embarrassed. :laugh: I was given special care at regular school in speech classes; that helped me pronounced things better. And for long time, I refused to do essay writing; but then my high school teacher Ms. Harris showed me that I was ready to understand formal writing.

Now I'm in 3-Point Animation, a brand new studio autistic friends Jordan and Jackson came up with. We currently working on a Christmas program special, but it's all down low right now for pre-production :busy:...Plus, I worked on writing my own stories as well, and I've written my autistic experiences thru a Fragglish allegory. :dreamy: But deep down, I wanna do acting, animating, even puppeteering! I haven't really got to that significant point yet...:sigh:

Slackbot

Reaction score
TheSHE, do you remember meeting me and my friend Kathy at Dragon*Con 2013? She commented to me that she thought you were on the autism spectrum. You see, she has two autistic children--both teenagers--at home, so she understands it a lot more than most people do. :smile:

theSHE124

Reaction score
LOL She figured that out from me?! She must be psychic!--Or a detective. Either way, the Gravity Falls character I was dressed as back then knows too well that average people read easily like an open book. :search: Autism, on the other hand, yes would be slightly more difficult to judge as some like me are too independent in mentality. Why just today, I settled a mature issue thru discourse. The tough part is admitting that you did had a nervous breakdown...:embarrassed:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
So I'm curious. Have any of you guys watched Parenthood? One of the characters is a boy with Asbergers. How accurately does that show portray autism? I've always wondered.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I have Autism too which s PDD and I had no idea that anybody has a disability like me. sometimes I think my autism can case me nothing but trouble, but I have big dreams like most people do.

Slackbot

Reaction score
LOL She figured that out from me?! She must be psychic!--Or a detective.
Nah. As I said, she's a parent of two autistic children, plus she knows families with other children with autism and Asperger's. Some people have gaydar; she picks up on autism, I guess. You notice the things that are close to you.

Interestingly, when she was here this year we watched about half the Death Note anime series, and she commented that the character L (who I just happened to be cosplaying at D*C!) seemed to be on the spectrum as well. I was surprised by that, and I did a little Googling around, and found some interesting articles in support of that.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Nah. As I said, she's a parent of two autistic children, plus she knows families with other children with autism and Asperger's. Some people have gaydar; she picks up on autism, I guess. You notice the things that are close to you.

Interestingly, when she was here this year we watched about half the Death Note anime series, and she commented that the character L (who I just happened to be cosplaying at D*C!) seemed to be on the spectrum as well. I was surprised by that, and I did a little Googling around, and found some interesting articles in support of that.
LOL I guess as a gay boy with Asperger's, people could use both of those on me then......