Halloween is just around the corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
the Chipmunks had to censor the heck out of "Schools out for Summer," but their cover of the Time Warp is completely as is? Even the Voyeuristic Intentions. One of the Chipmunks sang about watching sex being had, and they couldn't say "School's been blown to pieces." Weird...
I don't know... apparently it's okay to talk about sex and such, but you mention something schools being blown to pieces or something like that is enough to get you knee-deep into trouble (I guess because school shootings and bomb threats are such a touchy and serious issue), so I guess it's okay kids to participate in voyeuristic activities, but we can't give them any remote ideas of possibly blowing up schools and such.

Frankly, as I've said before, I'm more bothered by the odd censorship of GLEE's version of "Sweet Transvestite," keeping in the swearing line of, "By night I'm one **** of a lover," yet completely botching the alliterative refrain of, "I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania," with, "I'm just a sweet transvestite from seeennnnsational Transylvania."

WalterLinz

Reaction score
I'm going to give out candy to the trick or treaters on Friday. I stopped going trick or treating when I was 12 years old. This is my third year giving out candy.
Same here, I've been passing out candy to those adorable little trick-or-treaters for many years now.:fanatic:

Hmm...now what are the possibilities where I'll happen to pass out candy to a little Anna and/or Elsa this year??:fanatic:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Frankly, as I've said before, I'm more bothered by the odd censorship of GLEE's version of "Sweet Transvestite," keeping in the swearing line of, "By night I'm one **** of a lover," yet completely botching the alliterative refrain of, "I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transsexual, Transylvania," with, "I'm just a sweet transvestite from seeennnnsational Transylvania."
Yeah. I have no idea why they bothered changing that one. Though I'm not saying that girl is usually a terrible singer, but she just did not have any fun with that one. All this time I thought Tim Curry turned down a guest starring cameo on that one to distance himself from the crazier fans. I'm starting to think he refused because he knew it was a turkey. :smirk:

OH! And get this. If anyone actually has a cable selection that has Nicktoons, they're going to actually run the Halloween episode of Invader Zim on Halloween night. It's back on the network, apparently !

D'Snowth

Reaction score
All this time I thought Tim Curry turned down a guest starring cameo on that one to distance himself from the crazier fans. I'm starting to think he refused because he knew it was a turkey. :smirk:
If only somebody could have warned Susan Sarandon ahead of time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember her not being in it, and only Barry Bostwick being involved.

It sucks they took the satire of the movie to make another statement which they botched anyway. But enough of that.

I can't wait for that full length Halloween Homestar cartoon. Hasn't popped up yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One more thing I have to mention about MC Sounds of the Seasons Halloween music... what I don't quite understand is why they'll play the original version of THE ADDAMS FAMILY theme in addition cover versions, but they only play cover versions of THE MUNSTERS theme and never the original. :confused: