Old School MC Reunion - Just Because

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ed deserves to let himself loose and just have a crazy, fun, nutty time! Go bats, man. Go bats! Ha.

Beau reminded me that I once was FOZZI3B3AR with 3's and not E's. I forgot about that. It was my calling card to other Muppet fans.

How far back? How far back does it all go? 2002 or something? I remember the old Delphi Days. Yipes!

I started hanging around that time. I started when A very Merry Muppet Christmas movie first came on the air.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
2002 was the launch of the current incarnation of MC, I believe... I joined in 2003, and I think it was already a year old by then. I think the "old school" phase of MC is probably 2002-2006, because it seems like it was during that time that the people of the forum were growing comfortable enough with each other and the forum itself to let loose and have a good time; Beau himself even said it once, it's as if during that time, everybody was really coming out of their shells. 2006 seem to see its first boom of new members since the beginning, which is why I think "old school" MC may be 2002-2006. 2006-2010 seems sort of like MC's "second generation" of new regular and longtime members. 2010 and 2011 was like a two year dork age period for MC: it was another boom in new members, but unlike previous eras of MC, the new members during that time would stick around for a very short period then disappear, and many of them haven't been back since. And now, 2012-today is almost like an MC nostalgia phase: many attempts have been made to recreate the old days, but this seems to be the most effective one so far.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You guys want me to go bat-spit crazy?

:rolleyes: Is a bad idea, okay.

Aaaaalllll aaaabooooooaarddd! ! !

Welcome to my nightmare, ooo-oooh!

BTW: If you're old enough to remember Byron in handcuffs and the whole Britney Speares goosing a penguin cardboard cutout, then yes, you belong at this reunion.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
So glad to see this reunion of some sort actually happening! Really happy to see you guys back!

Now, who wants Muffins?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Me! Me! Beth isn't here to give me muffins anymore!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is :hungry: decrying the muffins because he wants one? Or is it because they're not made by him? :confused:

*Grabs a PB brownie square instead.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
He's our only guy to make them around here, right?
Still, I don't know why he puts those meatballs in his muffins.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Never before have I wanted to be qualified as 'old school' so much in my entire life!

I think I'll take my rookie self away and come back in about nine years....I'm sure I'll still be around by then.

*leaves behind the complimentary exploding penguins before sulking back out if the thread*