Classic Sesame Clips on YouTube

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I realized that today is officially The Count's birthday, which Sesame Street noted on its official Facebook page. I sort of wish today's "throwback thursday" clip would have been a rare Count segment, though the one we got today was great as well.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I realized that today is officially The Count's birthday, which Sesame Street noted on its official Facebook page. I sort of wish today's "throwback thursday" clip would have been a rare Count segment, though the one we got today was great as well.
Yeah, it would have been awesome if SW uploaded the original version of "Hands" or Leslie Mostly's interview with him (but name one person that doesn't want to see a Leslie Mostly skit), or maybe even the 2 part skit where he withdraws his money from the bank...(*sigh*) not even The Count can keep track of how many rare skits that he's included in! :batty:

The bats are creepy and the music is creepy.
You don't know what you're talking about. @antsamthompson9 and I (as well as other people on here or were born in the 80's and 90's) grew up with this song, so we personally don't find anything creepy about it. It's been included on 8 albums, and 4 home videos, not to mention on YouTube, Sesamestreet.org, Hulu (all 3 of which are uploaded courtesy of Sesame Workshop), and has been published in the 1992 edition of the Sesame Street Songbook! No matter how creepy you find this particular song, it's always been a hit with a lot of other fans. Even if you aren't crazy for this song, many other people are! If other people were crept out by The Batty Bat the same way you are, it probably wouldn't have been released so many times!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
You don't know what you're talking about. @antsamthompson9 and I (as well as other people on here or were born in the 80's and 90's) grew up with this song, so we personally don't find anything creepy about it. It's been included on 8 albums, and 4 home videos, not to mention on YouTube, Sesamestreet.org, Hulu (all 3 of which are uploaded courtesy of Sesame Workshop), and has been published in the 1992 edition of the Sesame Street Songbook! No matter how creepy you find this particular song, it's always been a hit with a lot of other fans. Even if you aren't crazy for this song, many other people are! If other people were crept out by The Batty Bat the same way you are, it probably wouldn't have been released so many times!
Speaking of the Batty Bat, check the videos I put in the Muppets on YouTube.com thread. One of them has Matt doing a very good job singing the song.