Halloween is just around the corner

mr3urious

Reaction score
Just watched the Garfield Halloween special to get me in the mood. I forgot how creepy that old man was with his deep voice and his uncanny valley design. :eek:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I still miss when WGN used to have all-day marathons of THE MUNSTERS, hosted by Alice Cooper on Halloween... :sigh:

This test pilot that was filmed to pitch the show to networks is interesting... not as good as the series proper, but for mid-60s, the color is pretty amazing.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I always wanted to Citykids as well.
citykids ? was that the show that had the two female urban puppets who talked on the phone to eachother and each coversation was somehow connected with the topic of the shows episode ?

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Speaking of Halloween, one night this weekend I caught up watching Toy Story of Terror on ABC Family!:fanatic:

It's such a cute little special. It felt so suspenseful the first time I saw it last year!! It really keeps you right at the edge of your seat before the commercials! I gotta say I absolutely enjoy the newer characters here - I thought it was adorable when Pez Cat "vomited" a Pez candy piece!!:smile: Combat Carl and Jr. were hilarious and enjoyable as well!!:fanatic:

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"I'm gunna get back to cweepin' and peepin' 'wound yor neighbohood!"

As funny as it is, this is pretty much why Halloween has been ruined for kids anymore... all the scare tactics and all the media outlets being all, "Are your children safe when it comes to trick-or-treating? How do you know pedophiles and registered sex offenders aren't living in your neighborhoods?" In my town at least, trick-or-treating has mostly been phased out and now kids just go to church and stuff for Halloween parties instead.

mr3urious

Reaction score
"I'm gunna get back to cweepin' and peepin' 'wound yor neighbohood!"

As funny as it is, this is pretty much why Halloween has been ruined for kids anymore... all the scare tactics and all the media outlets being all, "Are your children safe when it comes to trick-or-treating? How do you know pedophiles and registered sex offenders aren't living in your neighborhoods?" In my town at least, trick-or-treating has mostly been phased out and now kids just go to church and stuff for Halloween parties instead.
That's worst-first thinking at its finest: the belief that the most abhorrent thing is the most likely to happen to your kids.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. like that whole BS about the razor blades in the candy.

But the point is, we're getting the first Homestar Halloween special in 5 years! I'm so excited.