Any Bronies on here?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Get ready for this...

They're getting a big ol' movie. One of the show's producers and writers is behind it, and it's said to be animated.

And a huge snarl of jealousy rises up from Transformers fans... :grouchy:
I'd love for it to be traditionally animated, or at least CGI-animated. Not that the Flash they use already is ugly-looking, but imagine the Mane 6 looking like this. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure they'd step something up for the movie.

As long as it isn't a hybrid, and it's about some snotty little girl that isn't popular with the Ponies playing third string characters in their own movie. And for extra horrifying, Tim Hill directing. Michael Bay ain't got nothing on Tim Hill. At least the explosions wake you up.

Now what I'd love to see, that we undoubtedly won't, is them using the unrealized crossover from the original movie with a pony asking one of the Autobots and Shipwreck for help. Really sucks that was turned down. Then again, Rainbow Dash did manage to pop up in Age of Extinction.

Shame that Transformers Prime didn't have a theatrical movie. They totally considered it, but didn't. I don't think it would have been related to the finale movie.

Harleena

Reaction score
Yes! I am a total pegasister! My favorites are Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Derpy, but I love them all! I have a Fluttershy that I made at Build-a-Bear and I'm not ashamed at all!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... I bought my first intentional piece of merchandise. A one buck eraser from Target, and only because it was Pinkie. I actually do have 2 of the Happy meal toys from earlier this year, but both unintentionally. I was trying to get that awesome Skylander that's a snake that shoots another snake (didn't...), and one time, they had one I already had, but paid for it, so I grabbed the Pony instead (it was the DJ and it was kinda cool... not as cool as a freaking snake shooting another snake out of a gun), and the second time was a misunderstanding, and I didn't feel much like trying to get back in line a second time to switch it back.

That said, unless Funko makes a Cheese Sandwich Vynal, I'm not making this a habit.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I turn into a brony! Grabbed two comic books for free at my local comic book store yesterday.

Last edited:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hear the comics are darker, and more geared towards...well... the not demographic the show is aiming for. There's even supposedly a stealth Quantum Leap crossover in one of the issues (!)

I'd check it out, but I'm swamped with other comics anyway. I had to give up at least 2 to make room for more.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'd love for Linkara to review the G1 comics released in the UK. He's been foreshadowing the FiM ones a few times, but I think the former seems more up his alley.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually forgot if they had comics back in the day. I remember most of Marvel's Star line up, and they had some pretty saccharine stuff. Think I even had a Strawberry Shortcake one when I was 3.

But the current ones are a matter of the wonderful trend in in licensed comics based on kid's shows are made specifically for older readers, despite marketing them for kids. Most with a lot of fanservice. I remember when Boom translated some European Ducktales comics and gave Launchpad the line of "Remember when the Sea Monster ate his ice cream?" Comics written by older fans intended for older fans.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
Call me crazy for this, but a character I always hated was Gilda and here's why:
-She yelled at Fluttershy which made me sympathize for her.
-She also shouted at Pinkie Pie, another reason why not many people like Gilda.
I'm sure you'll all agree with me. But just because she did those things to Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, I'm sure one day she'll forgive both of them for that. Sunset Shimmer reformed, so I'm sure Gilda can too.