A Weird Realization about Classic Sesame Street Skits

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, I watched one of the old episodes on Netflix, and it hit me. If you were to describe some of the skits, some of the more bizarre ones that is, they all come off as mild Creepypastas. Like the creepy things in kid's shows ones, not the Candle Cove type, horrifying beyond belief to the point of being unbelievable ones.

Think about it. If I were to tell you about the skit where a bird and elephant played a game of basketball without their skin and then mix them up putting them back on, wouldn't it sound a little... odd? Like I'm totally making it up, but not to the point where it's entirely unbelievable? Or even The Crackmaster , and there seemed to be an entire conspiracy hiding the skit to the point where some of us swore it really didn't exist. That is, until it finally surfaced? Example three, I saw this weird, grainy pixilation (the stop motion technique that uses people in a sense to make it seem like they're moving) film in the Telly's debut episode. Now, if I were to take that, desaturate it, slow it down a little, and replace the goofy narration with creepy music (or dead silence), upload it to YT with the title "Creepy, Banned Sesame Street Skit," you'd think I'd be playing some sophomoric gag (and believe me, one I actually fell for a couple times because..well my point).

mr3urious

Reaction score
That giant mutant rabbit sounds like a real creepypasta, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Cracked apparently agrees with me (scroll down to #3).

If we never heard of this segment before, a skit where Kermit emotionally abuses Cookie Monster would sound entirely made up by some Muppet hating troll. But it's a real thing. And it's actually not funny. I'm surprised they let that in the show in the first place.