Who is Lionsgate associated with?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lionsgate's just... awful and possessive when it comes to this sort of thing. Then again, I've seen copyright blocks by foreign networks that once aired some incredibly obscure thing, so...
Before SW actually started cracking down on us, I actually had a number of SST episodes receive third party claims from ABC. No, not ABC as in American Broadcasting Corporation, ABC as in Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Not only that, but their claim was they were, quote: "The REAL Sesame Street" unquote. No, really.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Before SW actually started cracking down on us, I actually had a number of SST episodes receive third party claims from ABC. No, not ABC as in American Broadcasting Corporation, ABC as in Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Not only that, but their claim was they were, quote: "The REAL Sesame Street" unquote. No, really.
Maybe this was a publicity stunt?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe this was a publicity stunt?
No, it's like Drtooth said, sometimes even international channels who may have had broadcasting rights to programs for a short time years ago may feel entitled to claim copyright on content on YT.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this, but Lionsgate has struck again! They've been blocking all sorts of stuff again. Just yesterday I went to watch some Magic Adventures of Mumfie episodes when I found out that Tuber7 had been suspended by Lionsgate for uploading full episodes. Not only that, Lionsgate blocked the Mumfie theme song, and a few clips from Maryoku Yummy! Does this mean they'll start reblocking Sesame stuff again?
I hope not. I know many Sesame Street uploaders were suspended in 2010 when Lionsgate began removing so many Sesame Street clips on Youtube. I know Autismismylife had 2 copyright strikes from Lionsgate because The Great Numbers Game and Learning About Letters had "The King of Eight". And I was furious that Autismismylife was banned from Youtube. I remember when Hoopersghost (who got terminated in 2013) had a copyright strike in 2010 on the clip of Humans telling Big Bird that Mr. Hooper died. And she was sent to "Happy Tree Friends: Copyright Lawsuit School" and take trivia questions. Boy that makes me mad! :mad::eek::boo: Same thing happened with JonnyTBirdzback with Ray Charles singing "Being Green". They were blocked by Lionsgate. Here is a rant video about it:

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I hope not. I know many Sesame Street uploaders were suspended in 2010 when Lionsgate began removing so many Sesame Street clips on Youtube. I know Autismismylife had 2 copyright strikes from Lionsgate because The Great Numbers Game and Learning About Letters had "The King of Eight". And I was furious that Autismismylife was banned from Youtube. I remember when Hoopersghost (who got terminated in 2013) had a copyright strike in 2010 on the clip of Humans telling Big Bird that Mr. Hooper died. And she was sent to "Happy Tree Friends: Copyright Lawsuit School" and take trivia questions. Boy that makes me mad! :mad::eek::boo: Same thing happened with JonnyTBirdzback with Ray Charles singing "Being Green". They were blocked by Lionsgate. Here is a rant video about it:
I love that video! "Why don't you stop using YouTube already?" His other videos are funny as well, especially "Arthur and the Teletubbies", "Caillou Has Had Enough!", "DW Is Addicted to Surfin' Bird", and my favorite of his, "Kennedy Cartoons Takes Over!"
And here's another funny video on the same video:
Speaking of Lionsgate, they've been blocking FOREIGN DUBS of Mumfie and even an episode Britt Allcroft says they do not have the rights to because they were "poor in quality". But maybe this is a lie because I kept asking her about it....oddly, the other "poor in quality" episodes are still up.
Oh, and I've noticed a lot of people's Barney videos being blocked by Lionsgate and HiT recently. What's next, Fraggle Rock episodes being blocked?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's next, Fraggle Rock episodes being blocked?

Dude... yeah. They already did that a while back.

Though, to be fair, I recall some account had the animated series Fraggle Rocks and Henson asked him to take them down first instead of completely eviscerating his account. That's at least considerate.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I hate YouTube but I still like to go on it.

I hate YouTube because a lot of my favorite videos got deleted and that was the reason why I deleted my YouTube account.

Luke kun

Reaction score
Would anyone really want full season sets of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog if there weren't videos of Robotnik SnooPING AS usual?
Drtooth, I still can't watch "Slowww Going" even as a grown-up now (that low-pitched voice Sonic had scared the devil out of me), so I don't have any AoStH sets. I avoid that episode, but I can still watch YTPs of it.

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I love that video! "Why don't you stop using YouTube already?" His other videos are funny as well, especially "Arthur and the Teletubbies", "Caillou Has Had Enough!", "DW Is Addicted to Surfin' Bird", and my favorite of his, "Kennedy Cartoons Takes Over!"
And here's another funny video on the same video:
Speaking of Lionsgate, they've been blocking FOREIGN DUBS of Mumfie and even an episode Britt Allcroft says they do not have the rights to because they were "poor in quality". But maybe this is a lie because I kept asking her about it....oddly, the other "poor in quality" episodes are still up.
Oh, and I've noticed a lot of people's Barney videos being blocked by Lionsgate and HiT recently. What's next, Fraggle Rock episodes being blocked?
And here is an episode from Stossel about Copyright laws.