Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Current issues:

1. Apparently YT vids can't be cached in browser history again. Whatevs. :rolleyes:
2. And apparently YT doesn't to load certain vids, and just gives you either a black rectangle, or takes you straight to the error message.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No matter what I do, how many videos I watch... why am I still getting crap from DisneycollectorBR in my reccomendeds? I NEVER watch any of his lame stuff, nor do I wish to.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
I've pretty much given up with YouTube. I don't post anymore; my last video was the Fraggle Rock wrap party song. It's titled "We'll Be Back". I'LL be back, but not on YouTube, that's for sure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've noticed more and more alternatives to YT are actually trying to lure people to their services lately; Vimeo's been around for quite some time, yet they now have TV commercials. I've also noticed that some of the bigger channels like BuzzFeed and CBS are more active on Dailymotion than they are YT.

But while there are alternatives to YT, the sad fact is YT is still a necessary evil for two reasons: 1) Google. Google practically owns the internet, and as such, YT is pretty much the top video sharing service there is. 2) YT does have the best video service. Compared to the alternatives, YT is still the best when it comes to uploading large files; take Vimeo for example, I tried opening a Vimeo account earlier this year when YT distorted the audio from the Casey the Muppet segment on PUPPET POWER, but Vimeo has both a time and a file size limit... other sites do too - YT doesn't, if your account is in good-enough standing, and YT does seem to offer a few more perks to new accounts lately.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I've pretty much given up with YouTube. I don't post anymore; my last video was the Fraggle Rock wrap party song. It's titled "We'll Be Back". I'LL be back, but not on YouTube, that's for sure.
I'm going to miss your YouTube channel.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i had to reset my youtube password and when i got into my account again for some reason i can't make anymore comments anymore now i know that i was not banned from youtube im' wondering what is going on

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You absolutely cannot comment on anything on YT anymore unless you have a Google+ account.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's a new one: so, I get a third party claim for using copyrighted songs... that I didn't even use.

Seriously. I got a claim for Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive," and "You Spin Me Right Round" on the same video, though I didn't use either song. And the thing of it is, I can't dispute the claim, because there's no option that covers claims on songs that weren't used.

Secondly, it is absolutely absurd that free for use production music gets third party claims now; just wantin' to make more money, it's all about the money.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Okay, here's a new one: so, I get a third party claim for using copyrighted songs... that I didn't even use.

Seriously. I got a claim for Bon Jovi's "Dead or Alive," and "You Spin Me Right Round" on the same video, though I didn't use either song. And the thing of it is, I can't dispute the claim, because there's no option that covers claims on songs that weren't used.

Secondly, it is absolutely absurd that free for use production music gets third party claims now; just wantin' to make more money, it's all about the money.
Seems like that's just more false positives going around.