Slackbot's text sketchbook

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
NYCC = New York Comic Con, figured it was worth a shot what with the cosplayers and "forcing" Matt into a costume of his own. S'okay, at least we got a postcard from him for his nephew Gobo. And at least it wasn't addressed to "Bill" or "Occupant", for some reason, we keep getting those people's mail.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Actually, I do believe that you might have seen some of these costumes at NYCC. I've seen the cosplay pictures, some of which were pretty freaky-scary. However, that's not where Matt was.

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
It doesn't have anything to do with the game Five Nights at Freddy's does it?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Night watchman, animatronics running amok and stuffing the watchman into a suit? Whatever gave you that idea?

At first I imagined that the bots would see Matt as a small animatronic and leave him alone, but it's funnier to imagine him getting crammed into a suit, surviving because he's small enough not to get shredded by the mechanical innards. Plus...well, have you seen the current teaser for FNAF 2?

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I've never played that game (horror's not really my thing), but I've been hearing a lot about it lately, so it was easy to guess. :stick_out_tongue:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Speaking of FNAF (and FNAF 2), I wrote a little story titled Ensoulment. It's my explanation for why normally benign pizza-pushing bots turned to the dark side.

Yeah, this is OT, but at least I'm only perpetrating this in my own thread.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Whew! That was a lot of reading. I been re-reading your snippets and there were terrific.

Muppets, Fraggles, and weirdos oh my.

Also, Uncle Traveling Matt's postcards made my day.

While most of them were philosophical and meaningful, others were pretty dark. I would like to see more of your test fics, but that would asking too much.

Leaves peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies to Kim for a wonderful job on your work and keeping somewhat this thread active. :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Thanks, I'm glad you like these little bits and pieces. The mood does tend to wander all over the map, doesn't it? I have more freedom to play with tones, because the stories are so short. If it's utter fluff, it's not too much fluff, and if it's grim, it doesn't last long.

What test fics do you mean?

Peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies? You are now officially my best friend!