Cookie Monster special in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, I don't know if we had a thread for this already. But, the Workshop is planning a Cookie Monster-centric special for February 2015.

It was announced in the late Spring/Summer at a PBS conference and taped not long ago. I think it's a Valentine's special (I saw some sheet music while at SW and the song was titled "Happy Valentine's Day" or some such) and involves art in some fashion (Stephanie mentioned playing a character called the Crumby Lisa and trying to make the puppet look angry).

So, that's all I know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Elmo-centric days of Sesame Street are coming to an end. LONG LIVE Cookie-centric Sesame! :insatiable:

Nah, seriously, this sounds great. It's been a while since we've seen a standalone Sesame Street special. Maybe since the DTV release of that video game based numbers thing? I hope they plan on giving this a TV airing somewhere.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Elmo-centric days of Sesame Street are coming to an end. LONG LIVE Cookie-centric Sesame! :insatiable:

Nah, seriously, this sounds great. It's been a while since we've seen a standalone Sesame Street special. Maybe since the DTV release of that video game based numbers thing? I hope they plan on giving this a TV airing somewhere.
I don't know if it'd be a DTV thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were. It would be nice to have a TV-aired special that isn't one of those prime-time "current American problem" ones (not that those are bad, but they're nowhere near the level others are).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Again, that goes into that old rant about PBS refusing to show quality Pledge Month programing that favors the whole family and not just old people so they can get put in their will.

You's think that was a joke, but they actually did advertise that someone did something like that.

Anyway, I agree. A nice, fun Sesame Street special in prime time instead of some sad "coping with life sucking" programs. They did televise Abby in Wonderland several years ago. Maybe they can get this one out there as well.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
BREAKING NEWS! The special's airing on Feb. 16 and is called "The Cookie Thief." Here's a short video preview:

And press description:

"Artwork is disappearing from the Museum of Modern Cookies and Cookie Monster is the prime suspect. Can Elmo, Abby, and Chris clear their friend’s name?

Cookie Monster is wrongly accused of stealing world-famous masterpieces in this hilarious parody set at the Museum of Modern Cookies. Shenanigans ensue when Detective Elmo, Chris, and the gang try to clear Cookie Monster’s name as scrumptious paintings are stolen right from under their noses. Even as the adventure heats up, tour guide Prairie Dawn is able to share stories like how thegreat artist Leonardo da Crunchy made Muncha Lisa smile. Cookie Monster also learns some important self-regulation strategies—about cookies, of course!—along the way.

Discovering clues, following a lead, and a little magic are what it takes for Elmo, Chris, Prairie Dawn, Abby Cadabby, and Grover to save their friend and find the real “Cookie Thief.”
"

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Lol, this just reminded me of Don't Eat the Pictures!!:insatiable: The special according to the preview looks like a mini version of that special!!:smile:

I know this was probably taped before Fran's retirement, but...OMG Prairie Dawn is gonna be in this special!! As a tour guide!!:smile: -Prairie Dawn emoticon-

Status
Not open for further replies.