Is Sprout airing Seasons 30 to 32?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Sprout On Demand has the My Favorite Sesame Street Moments at the beginning of each Season 35 episode or do they cut it out?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
OK, never mind. Assuming that you're saying this to me, here's my complaint: for the daytime, yes it makes sense to only focus on the preschoolers, but at night, there's really no need. Throughout the evening, Sprout airs reruns of stuff that they showed earlier in the day. Name ONE preschooler/toddler/infant that will be up that late at night to watch them! Sprout has this philosophy, "we need current preschool programming late night/early morning because of feedings." That is absolutely no excuse. For one thing, the parent (or whatever other relation the child has with the adult) would know better than to turn the TV while the child is being fed/having their diaper changed/being calmed down. Do you really think TV would be necessary for the child at this hour? Any child under 3 wouldn't get anything out of it anyway, and any child under 2 probably can't see anything but flashing lights. In other words, chances are that the child is far too young to care about TV. Sprout having a nighttime block for older fans would be a great opportunity to air classic PBS Kids shows like (pre-Season 30) Sesame Street, the other old school CTW/SW programs (The Electric Company, 3-2-1 Contact, Square One TV, and Ghostwriter), Reading Rainbow, Mister Roger's Neighborhood, The Puzzle Place, Zoom (both versions would do perfectly), and basically anything else that comes to mind.

Just look how popular retro programming blocks are! For example, Qubo has one, and Nickelodeon has one (I'm not sure if it still exists). Sprout would be the right channel to have a block for old school PBS Kids shows. Maybe call it something popular like The Remember When? Show and have it replace The Good Night Show. I mean, ever since the channel was launched, Sprout just chose to blow it for an audience of 1 year olds that can't sleep that doesn't exist.

Bottom line, while it's OK to have a preschool channel during the daytime, it's really not necessary to show reruns of stuff that aired earlier in the morning/afternoon at night while the child is asleep!

Do you see what I'm talking about, ssetta?
I agree. They probably should air the block right after Good Night Show, and also include other old PBS shows like Wishbone, Shining Time Station, Mumfie, Tots TV, etc.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I agree. They probably should air the block right after Good Night Show, and also include other old PBS shows like Wishbone, Shining Time Station, Mumfie, Tots TV, etc.
Well, I think it should replace the Good Night Show. The "sproutlets" will more than likely be in bed by the time the block starts.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Wait, Mumfie aired on PBS?
Yeah, for a limited time in 1997 on only a handful of stations. Some people recall it airing on there...
Well, I think it should replace the Good Night Show. The "sproutlets" will more than likely be in bed by the time the block starts.
I agree. It should replace the millions of Caillou re-runs during the night.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I agree. It should replace the millions of Caillou re-runs during the night.
Exactly! No matter how fussy an infant may be in the middle of night, TV will not be the solution for helping them relax! And as I've said bunches of times, no parent is gonna turn the TV on in the middle of the night while tending to their child's needs- whether it be a diaper change, a feeding, or being calmed down! Who does that?

It looks like Sprout has stopped airing Seasons 30-34.
What else is new?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Exactly! No matter how fussy an infant may be in the middle of night, TV will not be the solution for helping them relax! And as I've said bunches of times, no parent is gonna turn the TV on in the middle of the night while tending to their child's needs- whether it be a diaper change, a feeding, or being calmed down! Who does that?

What else is new?
Nothing.