Sesame Street 45th Anniversary at Lincoln Center

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Sorry about the double-post, but I'm confused.... Their website says that it's closed tomorrow, but that's the day I'm planning to go because of The Family Day event. Could somebody tell me what's going on with that?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Could you link where it says it's closed?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Their website doesn't say it's closed. Maybe you're doing something wrong?
Also, if anyone goes today, tell me how it was! I was just in the city yesterday...

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Oh, on The New York Public Library website, it says that it's closed. Anyhow, I didn't look at these replies when I went to New York yesterday and ended up skipping the exhibit. Oh, well. I'll go another day. But, I also fit in time to go to a whole bunch of Muppet places which you'll be able to read about soon on my blog.

cjd874

Reaction score
So after waiting a month, I finally took the R and 1 trains up to Lincoln Center, where the exhibit is located. And it completely lived up to my very high expectations as a lifelong fan of Sesame Street. Everything was meticulously displayed, from the Alligator King and Martian Beauty animation cels to one of the many Emmy awards that SS won. ALso included: Alistair Cookie's red jacket, clay models from Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, the script for "Mr. Hooper's Death," and some great behind-the-scenes stills and videos from the show's 45-year history. Plus, the stars of the show were there, too! Muppets on display:
  • Big Bird (with a replica of his nest area)
  • Bert and Ernie (with paper clips, bowl of oatmeal, bottle caps, and toy drum…Rubber Duckie was in another display case next to some sheet music for "Rubber Duckie")
  • Elmo (in tuxedo)
  • Hoots the Owl (with saxophone)
  • Super Grover (suspended from the ceiling, surrounded by "clouds")
  • Cookie Monster (sitting in a pile of cookies)
  • Zoe (in a ballet costume)
  • Snuffy (in a ballet costume!!!)
  • Count von Count (with numbers 1, 2, and 3)
  • Mr. Johnson and Thomas Twiddlebug (made from same Fat Blue Muppet)
  • The cast of Sesame Tree
  • A Muppet tomato (I'm not kidding)