So, I went to Sesame Workshop today...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Congratulations.

During your visit, did you happen to ask if there are more plans than what we know for the 45th anniversary?

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Aww. I'm so happy for you, @Oscarfan!!:smile: It's so nice that everyone you met had recognized your Youtube username!:grouchy:

I wish you good luck next year on your visit to the set for the next season!!:wink:

mimitchi33

Reaction score
(Copy-and-pasted from a post I made at the TP Forum)

So, because of the Ice Bucket Challenge thing with Cookie Monster, one of the people from Sesame Workshop's online department invited me to the offices today. Everyone who I was introduced to immediately made the connection as soon as "MarshalGrover" was mentioned. Apparently, they were all trying to figure out who it was; they thought it was someone in-office. They said they really appreciated the comments I post on their videos, 'cause I do it a lot and have insightful opinions/lots of performer knowledge.

I didn't get meet many "important" people there, it was a slow Friday (and Carol-Lynn and Joey M. were both at Comic-Con. So was Joe. Boo.) I did meet producer Nadine Zylstra, who also knew who I was. We went to the little in-house production studio they have and Louis Henry Mitchell was doing a little photoshoot with a guy who won the Sesame Street Mighty Fine T-shirt contest. So, they have the "photo poser" versions of Elmo, Cookie, Grover, Ernie and Bert. Afterward, I got my photo with them all and individuals. They're so soft.

Then we went to the recording studio just around the corner, where Tom Kitt (I think) was wrapping up something with Stephanie D'Abruzzo, who's a very nice lady and also knew my username and told me when I mentioned I work on the Wiki we're not always right ("Fran Brill didn't perform, ya' know, Little Miss Muffet in the Let's Eat home video," she joked). Afterward, me and a couple of people from the online department went out to lunch and when we got back, I was given my little gift bag (a Grover doll, mug and Super Grover shirt ["I'm To Epic to Fail"], as well as a bonus Oscar one since I mentioned he's my favorite)

It was all such an odd ego boost and I was blushing nearly the whole time. I'm not a Joe Hennes or Ryan Dosier in terms of Muppet fan celebreté (sp?), and yet all these people knew me and were thankful for the support I give them. They promised I could visit the set in Feb. when they start shooting the next season and I think I might die. (Many thanks to Joe, who helped pass along my email to them!)

And odd fun fact: So, in one part of the floor, there's a cabinet with some of their awards. On the bottom shelf is this droopy looking puppet thing. I realized after a second or two it was one the Triangle Cows from this late 80's bit.
That sounds like fun! I wish I could have gone there...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So did Sesame Workshop provide transportation costs, or did you have to pay for that yourself (of course I don't know whether or not you live in the basic area)?

They "joked" about Muppet Wiki being wrong about Fran Brill performing Miss Muffet in the Let's Eat video? I haven't seen that video, but I wonder who did. I know you weren't there to "info scout" (from what I read in your first post I guess if it was me they might not know everything I'd ask, but I would assume they'd know about anniversary plans), but it would have been great if they'd given you the correct performer. It also seems a little mean that they'd point out to you what the wiki has wrong without giving you a few actual examples (I'm assuming they didn't, aside from the Miss Muffet "joke").

But that does get me wondering, if given two choices, which would I prefer: Being told all kinds of info that could be added to the wiki but having to sign something preventing me from ever making those changes to Muppet Wiki, or be allowed to go to the set, hang out with every living person involved with the show, and not be allowed to ask about anything involving the show?

Another thought crossed my mind: Did you get to see the legendary "dead puppet society" wall that sometimes gets talked about? I assume you would have mentioned it in the article, but I could be wrong.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So did Sesame Workshop provide transportation costs, or did you have to pay for that yourself (of course I don't know whether or not you live in the basic area)?

They "joked" about Muppet Wiki being wrong about Fran Brill performing Miss Muffet in the Let's Eat video? I haven't seen that video, but I wonder who did. I know you weren't there to "info scout" (from what I read in your first post I guess if it was me they might not know everything I'd ask, but I would assume they'd know about anniversary plans), but it would have been great if they'd given you the correct performer. It also seems a little mean that they'd point out to you what the wiki has wrong without giving you a few actual examples (I'm assuming they didn't, aside from the Miss Muffet "joke").

But that does get me wondering, if given two choices, which would I prefer: Being told all kinds of info that could be added to the wiki but having to sign something preventing me from ever making those changes to Muppet Wiki, or be allowed to go to the set, hang out with every living person involved with the show, and not be allowed to ask about anything involving the show?

Another thought crossed my mind: Did you get to see the legendary "dead puppet society" wall that sometimes gets talked about? I assume you would have mentioned it in the article, but I could be wrong.
1. No, I payed for my own bus ride and walked the rest (20 some odd blocks). They payed for me eating though.
2. Stephanie joked about it.
3. Someone's office had a marker board with drawings of characters who no longer appear (4 or so of them), but I didn't see anything along the lines of what you're thinking of.