So, I went to Sesame Workshop today...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
(Copy-and-pasted from a post I made at the TP Forum)

So, because of the Ice Bucket Challenge thing with Cookie Monster, one of the people from Sesame Workshop's online department invited me to the offices today. Everyone who I was introduced to immediately made the connection as soon as "MarshalGrover" was mentioned. Apparently, they were all trying to figure out who it was; they thought it was someone in-office. They said they really appreciated the comments I post on their videos, 'cause I do it a lot and have insightful opinions/lots of performer knowledge.

I didn't get meet many "important" people there, it was a slow Friday (and Carol-Lynn and Joey M. were both at Comic-Con. So was Joe. Boo.) I did meet producer Nadine Zylstra, who also knew who I was. We went to the little in-house production studio they have and Louis Henry Mitchell was doing a little photoshoot with a guy who won the Sesame Street Mighty Fine T-shirt contest. So, they have the "photo poser" versions of Elmo, Cookie, Grover, Ernie and Bert. Afterward, I got my photo with them all and individuals. They're so soft.

Then we went to the recording studio just around the corner, where Tom Kitt (I think) was wrapping up something with Stephanie D'Abruzzo, who's a very nice lady and also knew my username and told me when I mentioned I work on the Wiki we're not always right ("Fran Brill didn't perform, ya' know, Little Miss Muffet in the Let's Eat home video," she joked). Afterward, me and a couple of people from the online department went out to lunch and when we got back, I was given my little gift bag (a Grover doll, mug and Super Grover shirt ["I'm To Epic to Fail"], as well as a bonus Oscar one since I mentioned he's my favorite)

It was all such an odd ego boost and I was blushing nearly the whole time. I'm not a Joe Hennes or Ryan Dosier in terms of Muppet fan celebreté (sp?), and yet all these people knew me and were thankful for the support I give them. They promised I could visit the set in Feb. when they start shooting the next season and I think I might die. (Many thanks to Joe, who helped pass along my email to them!)

And odd fun fact: So, in one part of the floor, there's a cabinet with some of their awards. On the bottom shelf is this droopy looking puppet thing. I realized after a second or two it was one the Triangle Cows from this late 80's bit.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
this is a sweet story, and I'm so glad you go to do that. I think that is just about every Muppet fan's dream is to go to the Street. Did you get to see the set?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
That's just lovely! I'm super jealous that you had such a nice visit- like Dwayne just said, just about every Muppet fan would kill to visit the Happiest Street in the world! I especially would love to go there someday...

Did the bag have a special design of some kind, and if it's worth sharing, could you post a picture of it, along with the stuff you received?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Very nice! I should buy myself of a copy of that shirt on eBay when I have enough dough! :super: Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and don't worry about the blurriness!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy practically living right next door to NYC really has its perks, am I right?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Boy practically living right next door to NYC really has its perks, am I right?
Well, some other visitor was from St. Louis (his trip was being payed for by MightFine, though).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So Oscarfan can you please tell me HOW TO GET TO SESAME STREET!!!!!:embarrassed:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I second Dwayne's comment! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street as well?! (Besides with a super expensive plane ticket)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, as you know, the studio is in Queens. The Workshop headquarters are right across from Lincoln Center.