Now what's going on with YouTube?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Why does the video watch page suddenly start lagging for some videos? Is it a Chrome bug or something?
I'm not 100% sure, but YT might be part of some site's protests against the whole "net neutrality" thing going on.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's having problems with loading the comment section and trying to get the link to download videos?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
What is worse is that on some older browsers you can not comment or like on a video, Youtube just keeps getting more bizarre.

Schfifty

Reaction score
So who likes the new Realtime Report feature? I'm loving it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I have yet another complaint: it's pretty obvious that new accounts are automatically approved for custom thumbnails... yet older accounts still can't unlock custom thumbnails without verifying their accounts... and Google still won't send out verification codes.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Here is another complaint, you can not customize your channel page anymore, so for new channels, you can not put a channel commercial which really hurts the chances of your videos being watched well, this just keeps getting worse.

Schfifty

Reaction score
What Realtime Report feature? I can't even load the comments. :mad:
The analytics feature where you can see what videos are being viewed per hour. It was released a couple of weeks ago. For loading comments, could it be your browser? I've got Firefox version 3.6.28 installed and there are some features that won't work, including loading the video comments. YouTube isn't supported on older versions of Firefox anymore.

Okay, I have yet another complaint: it's pretty obvious that new accounts are automatically approved for custom thumbnails... yet older accounts still can't unlock custom thumbnails without verifying their accounts... and Google still won't send out verification codes.
Huh. I recently verified my 5+ year old account and received a code, so I can use custom thumbnails. And...why would new accounts be approved for custom thumbnails anyway?

Oh, and they still haven't fixed the lag problem.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Huh. I recently verified my 5+ year old account and received a code, so I can use custom thumbnails. And...why would new accounts be approved for custom thumbnails anyway?
I've been trying for almost a year to verify my official account, and Google has never, ever sent me a verification code.

And you can tell when accounts don't have the verification checkmark next to their usernames and yet their videos have like cover art or title cards or such rather than automated randomized thumbnails.

It'd be nice, if we can't have custom thumbnails, if YT did like Dailymotion does, like you drag the playerhead to a certain point on the video's timeline, click on that, and that becomes your thumbnail.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Try using the "call" feature instead of text if that's what's been happening.