Did any albums have...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So most Sesame Street albums were either new recordings or a collection of pre-existing material (whether the recordings were on previous albums or taken from the shows recordings), but have there ever been any Sesame Street albums that had both existing recordings and original recordings?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
So most Sesame Street albums were either new recordings or a collection of pre-existing material (whether the recordings were on previous albums or taken from the shows recordings), but have there ever been any Sesame Street albums that had both existing recordings and original recordings?
Yup. There were a good number of those. If you go to a page for any of the albums on the Wiki, you'll often notice that some of the songs listed will note which album it originally came from, and if there are any songs that don't say where it originally came from, then it's pretty likely that they're making its first album appearance. In terms of the "Best of" albums, "The Best of Ernie" is the only one that included a song that wasn't already on an existing album (that song was Dance Myself to Sleep- without dialogue from Bert.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I meant if there were any that had tracks recorded specifically for the album (not album debuts of the TV broadcast audio tracks).

FunnyBear

Reaction score
I meant if there were any that had tracks recorded specifically for the album (not album debuts of the TV broadcast audio tracks).
Alot did, look at What Time Is It On Sesame Street? The whole album is mainly new tracks.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Dang it I still wasn't completely clear on what I meant.

Okay, let's see if I can do this...

I meant albums that had tracks originally recorded for the album, in addition to tracks from previous albums and/or audio tracks from the show itself.