Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hey, I never thought of that.. We could do that. If I knew what Sesame Workshop's P.O Box is.
I don't know, but I think some people here have had contact with Sesame Workshop in the past (can't remember who). I remember before Sesame Street: Old School Volume 1 came out that somebody had heard from Sesame Workshop that they were "considering" making such a collection, and I think we first heard official confirmation on Old School Volume 2 after somebody contacted the company about whether there would be a volume 2. And last year somebody claimed to have heard from somebody at the company that there were no current plans for more episodes on iTunes and that a fourth Old School would not come out in time for the last holiday season (whether or not it's true that that user had contact, it is true that neither had happened last year).

You can probably find an e-mail address on an official website. I have e-mailed Sesame Workshop a few times, but never got any responses. Maybe you can try asking on the official Sesame Street/Sesame Workshop facebook walls, though it seems like the workshop doesn't respond to fan questions on Facebook as often as they used to (or maybe they do and I just don't notice).

And I believe that one of the Tough Pigs guys has some sort of job at Sesame Workshop, though I think he said on the forum that he doesn't really feel comfortable talking about it publicly (in fact he never mentions that he has a job there in his article about being an extra in the Numericon episode).

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I don't know, but I think some people here have had contact with Sesame Workshop in the past (can't remember who). I remember before Sesame Street: Old School Volume 1 came out that somebody had heard from Sesame Workshop that they were "considering" making such a collection, and I think we first heard official confirmation on Old School Volume 2 after somebody contacted the company about whether there would be a volume 2. And last year somebody claimed to have heard from somebody at the company that there were no current plans for more episodes on iTunes and that a fourth Old School would not come out in time for the last holiday season (whether or not it's true that that user had contact, it is true that neither had happened last year).

You can probably find an e-mail address on an official website. I have e-mailed Sesame Workshop a few times, but never got any responses. Maybe you can try asking on the official Sesame Street/Sesame Workshop facebook walls, though it seems like the workshop doesn't respond to fan questions on Facebook as often as they used to (or maybe they do and I just don't notice).

And I believe that one of the Tough Pigs guys has some sort of job at Sesame Workshop, though I think he said on the forum that he doesn't really feel comfortable talking about it publicly (in fact he never mentions that he has a job there in his article about being an extra in the Numericon episode).
Oh, I happen to know that Tough Pigs guy's email address. Maybe, he doesn't feel comfortable sharing it out in the open, where many, many people can see it. I might ask him in email.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Suddenly, I thought of another DVD idea (which wouldn't need to be an anniversary idea), one with an hour of the best-known segments (yes, that would include a lot of stuff that's been released on video many times, but could also include many of the best segments that have never had a video release, and probably anything from the current season that Sesame Workshop tries to heavily promote) as well as an hour of the rarest Sesame Street clips, particularly those the fans ask for the most (and maybe some that are more random than rare). I'd give it a title like "Greatest Hits and Rare Bits".

Just yesterday it was announced that a company is putting out official Sesame Street figurines that can be purchased and printed out with 3D printers, most of them characters uncommonly available as toys (Snuffy, Guy Smiley, Two-Headed Monster, a Honker, and a Martian). I wonder if maybe that could be a result of the 45th year.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now that Sesame Street is back on Netflix and has grouped episodes into small "collections", I want Netflix to do some character-themed collections covering a wide variety of years. Like a Big Bird collection with six Big Bird-themed episodes, a Snuffleupagus collection with three "imaginary" episodes and three "post-imaginary" episodes, a Cookie Monster collection, a Count collection, an Ernie and Bert collection (if there aren't any classic episodes involving them in the street story, then two or three classic episodes that feature a large amount of Ernie and Bert segments), and so on.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I've brought up this idea 2 years ago, but the thought just came back to me, since we're still moping over the lack of special products for this milestone.

What if Sesame Workshop were to make a shirt like this, except the only obvious difference being that it's a Sesame Street shirt: http://www.sears.com/marvel-young-m...?selectedFilters=Style|Graphic tees\&prdNo=22

They could simply just try to fit as many characters on there as possible- both human and Muppet alike, whether they still appear on the show or not, and maybe have the Sesame Street logo on the top, bottom, or center of the shirt. For which store to carry it in...I'd probably go with any place where you can get a graphic tee for $10 or less (Kmart, Kohl's, Target, WalMart, JCPenney, Sears, and any others that I'm forgetting).

Also, it would be cool if we also got a new line of Sesame Street neckties, for both men and boys.

Do any of these 2 ideas sound appealing to you all?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've brought up this idea 2 years ago, but the thought just came back to me, since we're still moping over the lack of special products for this milestone.

What if Sesame Workshop were to make a shirt like this, except the only obvious difference being that it's a Sesame Street shirt: http://www.sears.com/marvel-young-men-s-marvel-graphic-t-shirt-heroes/p-043VA69374212P?selectedFilters=Style|Graphic tees\&prdNo=22

They could simply just try to fit as many characters on there as possible- both human and Muppet alike, whether they still appear on the show or not, and maybe have the Sesame Street logo on the top, bottom, or center of the shirt. For which store to carry it in...I'd probably go with any place where you can get a graphic tee for $10 or less (Kmart, Kohl's, Target, WalMart, JCPenney, Sears, and any others that I'm forgetting).

Also, it would be cool if we also got a new line of Sesame Street neckties, for both men and boys.

Do any of these 2 ideas sound appealing to you all?
That would be cool.

I wonder if they'd be allowed to use a Sesame Workshop-owned image of Kermit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yesterday The Muppet Mindset posted an article I wrote on how the 45th anniversary should be celebrated, according to me.

http://muppetmindset.wordpress.com/2014/11/03/how-sesame-street-should-celebrate-45-years/

Yeah, pretty much all of it is stuff that I had mentioned in this thread.

Also, I have recently written a massive 45th anniversary fan fic. It's pretty much outlines, but it's a 45-episode series hosted by Murray about the anniversary. Right now I've written 43 episode outlines... Two more to go (and I plan to write the outline for episode 44 as soon as I'm done with this post).

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...-street-45th-anniversary-show-outlines.58726/

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Although there hasn't been much celebration, in the past few days there's been quite a few online articles about the shows anniversary. There's been interviews with a few members of the cast, Sesame Workshop has posted a few things about the anniversary on social media, and this week The AV Club is having "Sesame Street Week", with so many Sesame Street articles (it would be great if they would include Sesame Street episode reviews for TV Club, I know they couldn't review every episode, but maybe just the ones on the Old School DVDs and Netflix, and maybe also all the ones that aired on Noggin).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
You know...I've done a lot of thinking and in case you all didn't know, throughout these last 4 months, fellow MC user cjd874 has been making these stupendously well-done SST Old School Episode Outlines- all of which take place between Seasons 3 and 10, which he considers to be the golden years of Sesame Street. As of right now, he's made 31 (yes, 31!) spectacular well-done outlines!

In my personal opinion, I consider this as his way of celebrating the show's 45th anniversary. So, if you guys haven't done so already, go give every outline a read- you won't be sorry! (Side note: if you have any kind of feedback for him on these outlines, feel free to private message him, so you don't take up too much space on the thread with feedback)

With that being said, go to this thread and give all 31 of these great outlines a read- again, you will NOT be sorry! http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/sst-old-school-outlines.58107/