Another Stupid movie to Overreact to...

mr3urious

Reaction score
Then there are those who want to purposely make the message entertaining and accessible, and they produce better done things like Veggitales and 321 Penguins. Something that's not meant to push an agenda, but rather view Christian themes gently and fun, instead of heavy handed and indoctrinating.
It's the heavy allegories and symbolism that really make those shows work.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You know, it's been 2 years and we've heard nothing since this film. I'm sure Ken is still trying to get these ugly mascots into another project, but no one's banging down the door.

But what's remarkably hilarious is that the imdb page has been polluted by trolls/sock puppets that have wrote reviews that bumped up the 1 star minimum from actual accounts to a whopping 7.3!

There are pages of poorly written, obviously fake good reviews. Now, it's silly to expect that they're all Ken, but it's even sillier to expect that it isn't!

Drtooth

Reaction score
UGH! I just saw the announcement of two movies. One potentially the most awesome news of a movie that's been forever locked in development purgatory featuring a certain Merc with a Mouth that will potentially undo all the damage Wolverine:Origins did.

The other is... ugh...this...A Grumpy Cat Lifetime Movie. Aubrey Plaza... NOOOOOOOOOOO! While it's great they've moved out of "Men will hurt you because this is Lifetime" (or however that Family Guy quote goes), still... basing a freaking movie on a meme that's been discredited for over 2 years now... I bet you can never guess who's directing it (if you didn't check out the link yet). Yep! Tim "irrevocably ruined Muppets from Space" Hill. Right up his alley, a crappy kiddy film with obnoxious talking animals. REALLY?!?!?! I mean, REALLY!?!?!?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
The other is... ugh...this...A Grumpy Cat Lifetime Movie. Aubrey Plaza... NOOOOOOOOOOO! While it's great they've moved out of "Men will hurt you because this is Lifetime" (or however that Family Guy quote goes), still... basing a freaking movie on a meme that's been discredited for over 2 years now... I bet you can never guess who's directing it (if you didn't check out the link yet). Yep! Tim "irrevocably ruined Muppets from Space" Hill. Right up his alley, a crappy kiddy film with obnoxious talking animals. REALLY?!?!?! I mean, REALLY!?!?!?
She probably smoked a couple joints and thought this was a good idea. I love her on Parks so much that I'm not going to begrudge her taking an obvious money-grab project too much, but there is no way this movie isn't a disaster.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And with Tim Hill involved, you know it's going to be a boring disaster.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... this is the mother of all stupid right here. Tantamount to the adult equivilant of the Oogiewoogies that started the thread...

Tetris the movie. You heard...uh...read that right. Tetris the freaking movie. A plotless video game puzzle has a movie. Even Battleship had more reason to be a film. Yeah... I usually take this with a grain of salt since one out of every dozen movie rumors actually gets made. But Tetris?!!?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They've been talking about doing a Tetris movie for a while now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They may have, but there's so many rumblings about stupid things getting movies all the time, it's easy to filter out. Most of them are just troll pranks anyway (like Space Jam 2 was).

Now someone's going to rehash the tired "Hollywood is out of ideas" line again. This time I'll agree to a small extent. Hollywood is running out of things to license out as movies. And Nintendo brilliantly decided to not license characters out to anything but cameos in Wreck it Ralph and Pixles because of that one horrible movie... then again, they HATE any fiction Japan doesn't produce. Like Pokemon is high art and any Mario cartoon is an embarrassment.

There are certainly denser, bigger, plot driven video games out there to do a movie of. I mean we can forget a Halo movie, and I'm sure the Ratchet and Clank film, if it even happens, will be DTV or something. But OOOH! Big Budget Tetris film no one's going to see, not even ironically. Makes perfect sense.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oh, come on. You act as if there are no good video game adaptation movies. Let's see, off the top of my head, there's Doom. Er... Silent Hill. Wait, Silent Hill 2. Mario Brothers? Oh, forget it, I got nuthin'.

If video games with excellent stories, like the Final Fantasy and Silent Hill series, can't seem to make it to the big screen, I can't think what they'd do with Tetris. I guess that the game aspects will be a minor part of the movie--providing it doesn't get stuck in Development Hades--and the real focus will be on the human cast.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, heard this yesterday. They want to make Tetris a scifi epic. Uh, just like how Battleship was such a highly-watched scifi epic? The best version of Tetris like this was when Baby Fozzie ended up pinned beneath a whole nursery room full of little blocks in the episode It's Only Pretendo.

*Still waits for news on that Castlevania movie. :scary: