Sesame Street Season 45 Episode 4503 - Proud to Be Me

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Isn't Segi the I Love My Hair Girl?

But wow, if today's (or yesterday's, again, my PBS is a day behind for some reason) new episode didn't just scream political correctness (excuse me, I'm sorry, I mean, "Political sensitivity") gone mad, I don't know what did.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll admit that they went for a reach for the character to be upset with a book, but there's a difference between Political correctness (excuse me, I'm sorry, I mean "term overused out of context by those afraid of change") and trying to teach self esteem to non-Caucasian children. Did they use a pretty soft example of teaching racism? Compared to Mi Amiga Rosita, kinda.

To compile a list of very politically incorrect events that recently happened would be politically charged. But the fact of the matter is racism is still alive and well, especially via some pretty influential stupid people. I applaud SW for putting a focus on not white people as it has done since the old days.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I actually wonder if from now on they're gonna have Carroll and Matt both performing Big Bird back and forth like that. Kind of like how Frank Oz and Richard Hunt did with Miss Piggy during Season 1 of The Muppet Show. I also wonder if maybe this is a sign that Carroll wont be performing :wisdom: much longer and is planning on giving the role to Matt on a full time basis. Something to think about there.
Maybe it's best not to go there. Nothing against Matt or anything, but Carroll sort of "is" Big Bird. Plus Oscar doesn't even have an understudy that we know of so he has to still be around at least to perform him. We'll wait and see but Carroll has stated that he would perform BB & Oscar for as long as he is able, so I'm guessing Carroll just wasn't available the entire time the episode was filmed.

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Maybe it's best not to go there. Nothing against Matt or anything, but Carroll sort of "is" Big Bird. Plus Oscar doesn't even have an understudy that we know of so he has to still be around at least to perform him. We'll wait and see but Carroll has stated that he would perform BB & Oscar for as long as he is able, so I'm guessing Carroll just wasn't available the entire time the episode was filmed.
Thank you.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was very good. Segi is a great new character. Ryan works very well with Leslie and Caroll. I can't wait to see how he works with Fran as Zoe. The song at the end was very good. Like Weston, I have a crush on Leela. The WOTD was very good. It was nice and got the point across without being overt about it. The new Murray tune-ins were good. My favorite part was the kid with the dog puppet. Matt did a good job with Spanish Me, English Me. The new ETM was very good. I loved all the shapes the Ooze can make. Did anyone else notice they brought back Brandeis?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. Where is Zoe this season? I haven't seen Telly or Baby Bear yet either. Hopefully we'll see them soon. But then again, this may be a good thing because it will give some other characters some air time. I know those three sort of dominated the spotlight the last few seasons so they may be giving them a rest for the time being.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
This could have been a disaster, but it was very well done. It was nice finally giving Seki a name, and a place on the street. Her reaction in my opinion was pretty believable. At Chris being called a goofball, "YES! Seki, you have already won my heart".
Really? It's so hard to tell anymore. I know I heard that you can tell when it's Matt because he has more of a congested sound, but Carroll's has gotten congested too in recent years. Though he does sound really good when he sings the "Letter/Number of the Day" songs. Even though he doesn't have any solo lines there, I can hear Carroll is BB pretty well.

I have to agree. :smile: and Telly (Gosh! We need a Telly smilie) were the best at SS news. Heck, they could have even used Prairie Dawn. (Remember she used to do "Fairy Tale News.") But they really should give Murray a rest and give some other characters some airtime.
I agree Murrary's cute, but very very overused. He's supposed to be like Travelling Matt, but I see no similarities really.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I agree Murrary's cute, but very very overused. He's supposed to be like Travelling Matt, but I see no similarities really.
The similarities are that he's out of the set the main series is shot in and in the real world interacting with real people and things, and pretty much kept to his own vignettes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And even then, Matt did interact with the Fraggles from time to time. Only time Murray interacted really with any of the main show was the introductory episode about the Laundromat, and he seems pasted in. Joey apparently didn't like the character being shoved in the scene.