Sesame Street 45th Anniversary at Lincoln Center

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if this was brought up, but the New York Library for the Performing Arts is holding an exhibit of Sesame stuff starting September 18th and running through January to celebrate the show's 45th anniversary. There's also going to be these (free) events:

• Muppet Master Class (Sep. 19) - sold out, but Marty Robinson's holding a puppetry class. (I got my ticket weeks ago, so I'll be there!)
  • Sesame Street Family Day (Oct. 13) - Sesame storyreadings, give-aways, a costumed Sesame character appearance
  • Making Learning a Funny Affair (Oct. 16) - Carol Llyn-Parente, Joey Mazzarino and Rosemarie Truglio talk about writing for the show. (Tickets are available September 16; I'm definitely gonna check that out)
  • "Follow That Bird" Screening (Oct. 22)
  • "The World According to Sesame Street" Screening (Nov. 6) - With Nadine Zystrla Q&A following the film
  • "The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland" Screening (Nov. 19)
  • A Digital Playground (Nov. 20) - Sesame folk talk about the show's digital platform efforts (tickets go up October 20)
  • On the Street Where You Learn (Jan. 5) - Bill Sherman, Tom Kitt and Lin-Manuel Miranda talk Sesame song-writing (tickets are available starting December 5; I'll planning on going to this one too)

cjd874

Reaction score

Oscarfan

Reaction score
If anyone can, I would highly recommend going to the exhibit. There's lots of cool stuff to see (for example: a pre-email "email" regarding "Me Going to Munch You, Munch You, Munch You") and the puppets look great. Plus, Honker photo booth (not really a booth, but the camera thing is covered with fur).

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Woo-hoo!!!! This seems awesome, and I'm very proud to be going! Might be going on Columbus Day for Family Day! Which things should I get autographed by the walk-around character? My Sesame Street 40th anniversary book? Sesame Street Old School Volume 1? Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days? My forehead? :smile: ( If so, I would never wash my forehead, although Solomon Grundy might want to.)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, if anyone else is going to the event this Thursday, Eric Jacobson and writer Christine Ferraro were added to the roster. And SNL's Bobby Moyahan (if I'm spelling that right) is moderating. It's gonna be a good night!

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
So, if anyone else is going to the event this Thursday, Eric Jacobson and writer Christine Ferraro were added to the roster. And SNL's Bobby Moyahan (if I'm spelling that right) is moderating. It's gonna be a good night!
Gosh, dang it. I'm going to the event tomorrow! Do you know if any SST-related people will be at that one? I hope so..