TV Alert: Sesame Street on Good Morning America September 12, 2014

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Friday morning watch the Sesame Street Muppets take over Good Morning America on ABC. Tune in as they preview Sesame Street Season 45 that begins next Monday September 15 on PBS. The Sesame Street Muppets are scheduled to have a special performance in Times Square.

After you see the appearance let us know your thoughts!

If you saw this appearance please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Friday morning watch the Sesame Street Muppets take over Good Morning America on ABC. Tune in as they preview Sesame Street Season 45 that begins next Monday September 15 on PBS. The Sesame Street Muppets are scheduled to have a special performance in Times Square.

After you see the appearance let us know your thoughts!

If you saw this appearance please like this post and share your thoughts below.
Maybe I'll be the first to post here. I liked the appearance. It's rare to see Snuffy in a live appearance. I also liked that Fat Blue appeared. (Is it Matt performing him now?) Also was it Carroll performing both Big Bird and Oscar in the segment where they talked about the weather? I'm wondering how that would be possible in a live appearance. It could have been Matt as BB, but it did sound like Carroll.

Nice to see some of the SS humans. I saw Chris, Bob and Alan. I couldn't tell if the guy in the background was Gordon or not since they didn't show him up close. It did look a little younger than Gordon, but again it was hard to tell. Any other thoughts?

cahuenga

Reaction score
Luis was there too. and I think it was gordon! but thinner...

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
was it Carroll performing both Big Bird and Oscar in the segment where they talked about the weather? I'm wondering how that would be possible in a live appearance. It could have been Matt as BB, but it did sound like Carroll.
It's Matt lipsynching to Caroll's voice, which I think he's doing while he's performing Oscar. They did the same thing on last nights Jimmy Fallon appearance, which I only saw today (didn't know anything about it last night).

Anyway, this GMA appearance was probably the best (if not the most ambitious) yet, especially the latter parts that took place on the Sesame set with all the cast. They really pulled out all the stops. I may not have much to say for "A Great Big World", but hey, when was the last time they had a band perform live on the set?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Wow, that musical number was great! Loved all the minor characters they involved, especially the Honkers and Dingers; where have they been?

BTW, Peter Linz was manipulating Big Bird in this.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Luis was there too. and I think it was gordon! but thinner...
Hmmm. Maybe he lost weight. We'll have to see what he looks like during the upcoming season up close.

Okay. Now I'm a little confused that Oscarfan and Johnny are saying two different things about the Big Bird and Oscar together deal.

What I'm getting from this is that Peter Linz was operating Big Bird and Matt Vogel operated Oscar and Carroll wasn't there at all. He just pre-recorded the lines for both of them. Is that right?

I mean I'm not trying to be annoying by asking all these questions. But usually when you see the two characters together, it's something that's taped and since this was a live appearance, that's what confuses me.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think Matt is dealing with his fater passing away. So saying it was Peter sounds right.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I think Matt is dealing with his fater passing away. So saying it was Peter sounds right.
Wait, Matt's father passed away, when, where does it say, I feel really sorry for him, I hope he gets back up and puppeteers.